I'm looking for a sports bar

MannyG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I\'m looking for a sports bar

Help. Does anyone have a sports bar available to sell ? It's a plastic piece that is bolted on to the rear top support on an RT10 (mine is a 95 model). It goes right behind and above the seats. It turns out that I bought the car without realising that it was missing (it seems the rag top goes on without this piece).

I purchased a new hard top and need the piece.

MannyG

rsviper94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: I\'m looking for a sports bar

I bought one from viperwrecks.com, it had a small imperfection in it but I saved a ton of money. :2tu:

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I bought one on Ebay. I sold my old one on Ebay also. The old one really wasn't too bad.
I just wanted a little newer looking piece.
I think I paid about $175.

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Manny,

I'll see what I can do to make you up some special brackets tomorrow as I have been so busy this week. Hopefully we can make it work without the NEED for the pad.

Jeff

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Funny thing, I am the OTHER Manny, and I need the same piece for my RT/10. If anybody has one, I'd like to purchase it. I let my brother borrow my car and when he returned it, it was gone. D'oh! Mine is for a GEN 1, if that makes a difference.

Manny C.

OP
OP
M

MannyG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

There must be a conspiracy against Mannys. I was thinking of making one out of a nice piece of finely grained wood (finely finished). If it's good enough for Jaguar interiors, it should be OK for me. It looks like it would not be hard to make. I checked with the dealer, the new ones made of plastic costs over $1,000. I figure I can get a good piece of mahogany for about $50 bucks.

MannyG

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score

A laminated or solid wood piece would look good. Mahogany or perhaps teak.

How about one made of wood, slightly undersize, and then brought up to proper size with a layer of carbon fiber. Does that stuff work as easy as fiberglass?

I've wondered why there are no aftermarket pieces available. Seems like it would be easy to make a mold.

I think the piece is actually called a sports bar pad.

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

After you "Manny's" get one, I'm interested also. Mine squeeks like crazy when I put my VMania top on. I have tried a number of different solutions, and I think that the top just has too much plastic missing around the boltholes from the previous owner being careless removing and installing.

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Manny,

You should post that pic of your car with the new top. It looks great in that color.

Jeff

OP
OP
M

MannyG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Here is my Green 95 RT 10 with Jeff's new hard top. I think it's sleek and very, very, cool. What do you all think ?

You must be registered for see images

MannyG

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have one extra Gen I sports bar pad. I might be interested in selling.... PM me if anyone wants to make an offer.

Thanks,
Lance

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4