IMHO!

RS27J9A

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi folks I attended the Toronto show on Sunday and had an opportunity to see the SRT in living color. I have to admit that the car was a bit of a let down.
I am an older bugger so the performance improvments do not over ride what my eyes see. I also need to put this into correct perspective. As some may be able to tell from my handle, I am a long time fan of Chrysler high performance cars. These cars always had phenomenal straight line performance, but had a difficult time negotiating the cornering and braking functions.
When I first heard of RT-10 in the early nineties I was impressed with the promise of an outrageous combination of straight line and cornering ability. When I finally saw the car in person I was impressed with the brutality of the design but I did not have the urge to run out and order one. A year or so later I had the chance to drive an RT-10 and was very impressed with the cars performance. It would out run any of my Hemi cars, could go around a corner, and stop! I still didn't have a desire to own one.
This all changed at the 93 Mopar Nationals when I saw the GTS coupe for the first time. The styling was drop dead! The color was without equal.(Daytona Coupe Influence) I had the worst case of "I wants" that I have ever had. I spent the next two months calling everyone I could think of to find out how I could order one. It eventually paid off three years later when I picked my coupe up at the van plant in Windsor. (Sorry distribution guys I told you I wouldn't tell anyone)
The reason I mention all this dribble is that my reaction to the SRT-10 is all Chrsyler's fault!!! I am sorry but my expectation bar has been simply raised too high. I am certain that this is true with many people on the board. Remember folks even Mr. October fanned a few pitches and hit a double or triple once in a while. Hell he even struck out once or twice.
Accept the new car for what it is not what it could be if you had it your own way.Chrysler has been kicking performance butt for years. This new car will be the envy of every tupperware, bronco busting, snot nosed rice burner want-a-be in you town or the towns around you.
Those of you who insist on whining about this color or that body line, please contact me for some good Canadian cheddar.
Mine is on order and if I don't accept the first year production possibilities thats OK. Make mine Resale Red cause there will be alot of people willing to accept North America's Premier performance vehicle.
Anyone with a spare certificate?
laugh.gif
bounce.gif

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery