Installed 3" Corsa today

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Installed 3\" Corsa today

01 GTS.Its louder and much better sounding.Deeper sound.No more kazoo sounds.Quieter inside with the windows up.Car now sounds as good as it looks.Resonates inside at exactly 2400-2500 rpm only.A tight fit exiting the rear of the side sills and through the rear fascia.My driving grin has just gotten even bigger.No I'm not smart enough to know how to do a sound file. Bruce

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Re: Installed 3\" Corsa today

Thanks for the feedback.........Corsa is pleased with all the positive client feedback, especially the LOVE that folks have for the 4" double-wall tips. Downright MEAN looking.

{PartsRack has them on an inaugural special, as Bruce discovered)

BobK898

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That is disappointing, they are supposed to eliminate the drone. On their website they claim a ridiculous 18 RWHP gain, I'll bet it is negligible.

OP
OP
G

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The drone IS gone almost everywhere.The interior buzzes at exactly 2400-2500 rpm when on the throttle.That's all.Far better than the stock kazoo sound.I don't know if all the systems will react this way or just mine.As in maybe something has moved and is touching somewhere or loose or what.Will have to check further.Happens only exactly at that rpm.18 HP?I don't know.No dyno on it.You can see daylight through those pipes.NO flat spots or sharp bends.No packing visible.They are basicaly straight pipes with sound chambers off to the side.How much HP would straight pipes pick up? Bruce

BS99GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bruce, Did you do the install yourself.....I've got this system on order and expect to receive it this week. Was it an easy fit and install ? Any tricks that I should know about...Thanks

Bruce Siegal
Germantown, TN
99 GTS Black w/Silver Stripes

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bruce,
we have to get together.
i would love to hear how your system sounds in comparison to my
sub assembly snake oly. let me know

JIM
smile.gif

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Having done alot of Borla's & Snake -Oyl's, we hesitated in the past to carry the Corsa. The primary reason was most folks seemed to think the system was "TOO QUIET!" The new system still is almost resonance free except at full throttle, and customers have been extremely pleased. It definitely has less resonance than anything else out there, in my opinion, and knowing how long they delayed bringing this on the market without hard data, I firmly believe the 18rwhp is justifiable. With no packing or baffles ( patented system ) , logic says this has too breathe uniquely. We are down to only two systems, and will have to order more soon, but we are slow to add items to our Accessory Dept., and we have been very pleased with the new Borla designed system, Snake-Oyl's budget system, and the NEW Corsa. Don't think you can go wrong here, and kudos to Corsa for taking their time to perfect this unit for the Snake, before just dropping it on the market.

Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse Chrysler
1-800-889-1893

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey.

Heres my 2.5 cents.
smile.gif

I have a corsa on my refurbed GTS. I have also installed a C5 corsa indy system. Not only are the corsas a perfect fit, and have excellent craftmanship, but their staff is equally top notch.

As for the HP increase, I have not spent time on the dyno with the new Corsa system. I have always been weary about some of the claims exhaust manufacturers make. There is no cabin drone with the corsa and the engine no longer sounds like its in the back. The car actually sounds quite mean.

The Corsa is an excellent system and is priced very well. Sounds great and has killer gigantic rolled tips. I was told 5 weeks for delivery, I received it the next week. Talk about Christmas in the summertime.

-G

OP
OP
G

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My system was dealer installed.I watched,and helped some.The cars has to come up off the ground.A lift makes it much easier.But blocking it up should do as long as you have enough room to completely slide under it yourself.The hardest part was removing the stock system especially at the joint where the system joins the cat.My car only has 550 miles on it and woe to those that have a lot of corrosion.An extra pair of hands helping will come in handy. Bruce

BS99GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Frank, I'm hoping so...I expect my Corsa system to be here today or tomorrow. I've installed a Borla system on my C5 by myself without many problems, it was fairly easy. However once I heard the Corsa Indy system on another C5 - I was disappointed with my Borla's sound. I've been waiting for the Viper 3" Corsa to be released for some time and I hope that it will be an easy install. If you like I can let you know how my install went after I'm done, but I'm not changing the CATS.

Bruce Siegal
Germantown, TN
99 GTS Black w/Silver Stripes

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21