Corsa mufflers installed and fluid change

FasrRice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just finally had a day to install my Corsa mufflers. First sounds so much better and those tips look beautiful in those slots. Second what a PIA to install, those side sills definitely eat up a lot of time as stated on every thread about it. Loosening or removing the front rear fender liners definitely makes it easier so save yourself time on those two hard to reach 10’s as with those liners out of the way you can get a socket on them. Old exhaust came off easier than I thought but takes a good amount of hammering. That stock exhaust is so over engineered it’s pretty interesting how they did it but what a waste of money and weight plus massive cabin heater. Much cooler inside now which is quite important in S Florida.
Next up rear diff the old fluid looked ok and no metal, put Amsoil 75-140 and the Mopar assistive and wow the car drives much smoother and quieter now.
Oil, Mopar Viper filter and Mobil 1 0-40 that made her run much smoother and better oil pressure as the old oil was quite black.
Next up trans fluid going to use Amsoil synchromesh and power steering fluid.

Siciliano15

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did it take a while to remove the inner fenders? I thought about doing that but got impatient and said ***** it ill just do it the hard way lol

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I've actually had reasonable luck just pushing the fender out of the way for the front bolt. The rear one I can reach in from behind on the side sill and get to okay, but the front one is too close to the fender liner to get a socket on. I just stick a plastic trim stick in between the fender liner and the fender and pry the liner back enough to get a socket on the bolt. Then the socket holds the liner out of the way.

Siciliano15

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh that's not too bad. I tried doing that and the plastic was so stiff it would barely budge I thought it would crack so I did it the hard way by reaching a wrench in there and turning little by little. Easily the least fun part of the install.

OP
OP
FasrRice

FasrRice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep I did the same didn’t remove the right side liner completely just enough to get to the bolt using a trim clip pry tool. Since I’m right handed I didn’t need to take the left liner loose as I can wrench much better with my right than my left at least for something as hard to get to as that darn bolt.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Admittedly my liners are probably on the looser side anyway after 130,000 miles, lol. I know some people will just drill out a hole in the liner for easier future access.

04BlackSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently did a full fluid change and exhaust install also. The previous owner installed a ridiculous frankenstein jiffy **** special of an exhaust that had multiple leaks and droned like you wouldn't believe. A Corsa and high flow cats fixed all of that, and the fluid change was very much needed as well. I changed the trans oil to ATF +4 and found that it shifts much smoother and with less weight now, and that oil is only 10 bucks a quarts from Mopar. There is some NGR now, but it's barely audible over the exhaust so it doesn't bother me at all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saramartin90