Insurance Help!!

Hav One

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, a couple of weeks back I was on the interstate and hit a HUGE piece of tire. It threw me out of my seat and about sent me off the road, then when getting off the highway I had issues trying to shift again. Well got the car to the shop finally and they inspected the mechanical and came up with needing new ball joints, wheel hubs, rear sway links and shocks. Right now all the insurance adjusters keep telling me is that they can't find any justification for fixing this because the parts weren't physically touched by the tire. Any suggestions on how to get them to not screw me over?

Thanks!

robiferretti

Enthusiast
Reaction score
is there a police / accident report? Is it worth having the claim/ accident on the VIN vs the probably over reacting of swapping out everything that is attached to the frame? I think its pretty impossible to have no evidence of body damage if you really did blow the shocks, hubs, sway bars etc. Car might just need an alignment :)

kblake905

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys, a couple of weeks back I was on the interstate and hit a HUGE piece of tire. It threw me out of my seat and about sent me off the road, then when getting off the highway I had issues trying to shift again. Well got the car to the shop finally and they inspected the mechanical and came up with needing new ball joints, wheel hubs, rear sway links and shocks. Right now all the insurance adjusters keep telling me is that they can't find any justification for fixing this because the parts weren't physically touched by the tire. Any suggestions on how to get them to not screw me over?

Thanks!
The last time I checked none of the parts you say need replacing are related to "issues trying to shift". You don't say how many miles are on the car, but I know I had to replace the front wheel bearings in mine with only 11,000 miles and I never hit any rubber on the road, I would be inclined to agree with the insurance adjusters.
P.S.
I am not an insurance adjuster, just a viper owner wanting the insurance companies to keep my rates down by not paying out to someone trying to screw them over. :nono:

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If that car needs ball joints , hubs, shocks and whatever else, The car needed that stuff prior to the tire incident. Running over a whole tire doesn't mess that stuff up. It would cause damage to the front fascia, maybe the side sills, maybe the belly pan. The underside of and suspension of the Viper is pretty bulletproof. -don't ask how I know. ........

robiferretti

Enthusiast
Reaction score
is there a police / accident report? Is it worth having the claim/ accident on the VIN vs the probably over reacting of swapping out everything that is attached to the frame? I think its pretty impossible to have no evidence of body damage if you really did blow the shocks, hubs, sway bars etc. Car might just need an alignment :)

I read your initial post wrong, thought you hit the tire then drove off road. Ignore my previous answer.

Options:
1. Get your car inspected by someone else and find the simple shifting issue you might be having.
2. If your car does have all that wrong after a 2nd inspection, its not a result of the tire, you bought a bad car.
3. Delete post sell car.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i couldnt follow the confusing OP.

cant wait to see where this thread ends up though...lol

VJR3

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am a bodyshop manager.............good luck with that.......sounds like you are trying to pull one over on the insurance...........all that stuff is a/are "wear" items........if the insurance is generous they do "betterment" of x-percentage of the repairs

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62