Intercooler water level on Paxton Cars

netapp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I opened up the cap on the stock intercooler and did not see any water. Should it be full?

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely should see water (actually antifreeze). On my car I had some initial problems with antifreeze blowing out of the cap somehow when it got warm. Ended up putting a connection into the cap with a line that ran to a bottom fed recovery tank. Works like the recovery tank on the radiator. When warm some fluid can go into the catch can and then when it cools it ***** it back. No more issues.

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh a couple of other things. Most folks use green antifreeze to distinguish it from the orange/red stuff in the car radiator. Easier to figure out which one is leaking if one does. Of course if your intercooler tank is empty then you need to ask where the fluid went. Did the installer never fill it or did it leak out somewhere?

OP
OP
N

netapp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
do you happen to know the capacity. The car only has 2k miles since the install and has no leaks.

VIPER R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Add the green anti-freeze until you can't add any more, then it's full. If the level goes down again check all the hose clamps

OP
OP
N

netapp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the replies.

It only held about 3/4 of a quart, so it wasn't to low but was still low enough to not be visible.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang