Interior detailing??

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know that exterior washing and waxing has been discussed (beaten to death), but I was wondering what products you guys use on the interior - ie. dash, carpet, windows, etc.
I don't want that ArmourAll "glossiness", just a protectant and cleaner and maybe a little shine

TIA:2tu:
Tim

WildWing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use all of Griot's stuff. Interior cleaner, leather care etc. They are all low gloss low sheen products.

www.griotsgarage.com I think.

I second that. I use the Griots products as well and they work well. I use the Meguiars quick detail spray if I am in a pinch but the above products are a given. They have the best sheepskin wash mitts as well.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, go to the auto parts and see what they have! Meguiars might be found there. Sound like your choice will not be influenced by what we think, but what you can find today.

OP
OP
B

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there anything that works well on the dash - it has a flat finish that doesn't like the normal protectants
Is there any protection for it?

dave6666,
I do want to know what you guys use, I want everyone to benefit from this thread, I just needed to know if there was any good products that I did not have to order online

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can use a little lemon oil in hot water.... or dilute some Simple Green in water....either do a good job at cleaning without damaging anything.

Regards,
Aaron

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there anything that works well on the dash - it has a flat finish that doesn't like the normal protectants
Is there any protection for it?

dave6666,
I do want to know what you guys use, I want everyone to benefit from this thread, I just needed to know if there was any good products that I did not have to order online

I see a lot of posts on Zanio. I do not use there stuff, but it looks good.

My rule of thumb is that if the big names carry it locally, it is below the standard I want. Soooo, I do not use Meguiars.

Griot's Interior Cleaner is just that. It is not a shine. They do have a product for that - Vinyl & Rudder Dressing, but I have not used it.

I've got a lot of Griot's stuff, and the only disappointment to date is the Long Lasting Tire Dressing. Coats the whole side of your car 3 %$#&ing times with the stuff slinging off. I'll use the rest up on my 4x4!

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
for the interior, i just like to use a little car wash soap and water on a damp cloth. i dont like anything on it personally. and a ton of Q-tips to help...

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dry compressed air is great for cracks and crevices too. Open the doors on a breezy day, and jamb that air nozzle into places you can't even get with the Q-tips. Watch the dust cloud.

Dry air is critical for this. Nothing like blowing rusty compressor tank water all inside your car...

Do the step first, as it does stir up dust. Hence, the doors open breezy day approach.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have done that but i always thought the dust ended up everywhere else....might have to try it again and see.

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lexol Vinylex for the interior plastic; great UV protection but with a very matte, non glossy or oil finish.

For the interior windows I use Porsche Glass Cleaner.

Leather cleaning and conditioning: Lexol leather cleaner and Lexol leather conditioner.

See www.carcareonline.com for info on these products and to order.

/Rich

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have done that but i always thought the dust ended up everywhere else....might have to try it again and see.

Do you need to use anything special for the cognac leather?

Plum... That's why you do it first, doors open, breezy day. Most of what you stir up goes to the neighbors house, and the rest, you wipe off with your normal routine.

MTGTS... I know Griot's leather conditioner is not color or dye specific. Others might be.

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use the Zaino leather conditioner and cleaner; it leaves a great leather smell and looks good too.

Freddog11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree on the Zaino. It smells great and you can use it on the plastic parts too. Good UV protection and not too glossy. Their glass polish is incredible too. I'm not a complete Zaino ******, didn't like all the products, but the leather stuff is great.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang