Introduction to Track Driving

Reaction score
Message from Maurice Liang,

One additional comment. The Max. number for this program is 18 drivers. As many of you know our region has organized driving schools with Skip Barber for many years. Due to the disconnect between Dodge and Skip Barber this is the only school planned this year.

FYI the Viper Days is on March 17 and 18. For driving enthusiast this is a three(March 16,17&18) day opportunity to drive with the best possible track support and best managed open track events.

Fred

Greetings,

Fred Kinder has put together an "Introduction to Track Driving" school during the BAMF Charity Track Driving event on 3/16 at Buttonwillow Raceway. This is aimed at people who may have wanted to drive on the track but were not sure how to get started. The school includes half a day on the skid pad in school-supplied vehicles to learn car control (ala Skip Barber) and half a day on the track in your own car, accompanied by professional instructors.

The first time on a track can be intimidating, so this is a great way to introduce people to it. For best instruction, Fred is hiring experienced Skip Barber instructors (not just some race driver or someone who knows how to drive on a track). It's not a race. You drive at your own comfort level.

I'm sending this to everyone who was at the monthly meeting, because the form was mailed with the newsletter after the meeting and is not on our website. I know a lot of you are already experience track drivers, but if you know someone who is interested in taking their car out on the track, please have them fill out the form and send it back with a check to reserve a spot. For questions, contact Fred.

Best regards,

Maurice Liang

OP
OP
F
Reaction score
Still time to attend.

This is a great school to learn how to master your Vipers potential. Should also result is car control knowledge and skills to provide safer driving on the street.

Still spots open just let me know by e-mail when you register.

OP
OP
F
Reaction score
The school format has been changed to class room and on track program. The skid and braking pad exercises were replaced with on track instruction.

Let me know if you want to join this program. We need to know in advance to add instructors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte