Invisicord radar detector hardwire

TrapperJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just connected my V1 using an 8" Invisicord to the mirror on my '09 vert. Problem is it makes a strange electronic noise when it is turned on,and then goes through a long inventory of displays. I connected to the #2 pin yellow and #7 pin black. Is the connection different on an '09 vert.? I'm not inept because I also just finished building in a homelink transmitter into the driver side visor. John

johnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When the V1 is first powered on, it sequences through the display and sounds, lasts a few seconds. I doubt it's a wiring issue, either it has power and ground or it does not. Use the cigarette lighter adaptor and see if it's the same.

OP
OP
T

TrapperJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been using this V1 for about three years and am familiar with its normal sound. This is kind of a buzzing sound that lasts about .5 seconds before normal operation. It seems to have stopped the long stream of display characters. It works normally with the cigarette lighter plug. I'm wondering if it's due to some king of resistance in effect while the interior light timer is on. John

02 Graphite GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just did mine too.
If I'm not mistaken, mine does the same thing but only when the door is opened up thus triggering the interior light. On engine startup, I don't think it does it...but then again, I may not be paying that much attention to it.

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a similar sound happen once on my GenII, it was a loose ground. Have you tried taking the invisicord out, and then reinstalling? Where are you putting the invisicord pins in the connector... between the metal square (the wire connects to this square) and connector, or inside the metal square with the wire in the middle of it?

I did the former, and wrapped with electrical tape to prevent wire from backing out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cookviper