Is it just me? Or...

thebigsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why are there so many posts on this forum from people wondering where to get original replacement parts for their Viper?

A- It says Dodge on the left corner of the back bumper. That should be a big clue.
B- Its a current car. Not some old obscure make.

Must be a 21st century thing.

Just venting as I'm stopping answering those posts by saying "go to your local Dodge dealer's parts department".

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be fair, there is a bit of "art" to getting some Viper parts. For example, there is no Dodge part number for injector o-rings for a 1998 Viper. Only whole injectors. However, a smart parts guy knows that the o-rings are the same on all the cars and can find a part number for them for 1999. Another recent part that I learned Dodge does not have at all is the shrader valve on the Gen II intake manifold for releasing pressure off the fuel system. Had to source that at an air compressor supply house. But for most parts - yeah go to the Dodge dealer.

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As Phoenix said, several parts are not available
1. map light lens, only comes with headliner.
2. side sill outside insulation, only comes with $4500 sidecover.

There are a lot of parts that are taken off of "dedicated" track cars that guys sell and are huge savings....i.e. airbags.

And why not ask if someone is cleaning out their garage before paying viper tax at the dealer???

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960