Is the ACR limited production?

jmsrx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen a few threads that state that if you want an ACR, get your order in now for the 2009's because there is a long waiting list. I'm not looking to put the money into one until next summer. Is there a set limit on ACR production? Do they stop production after a particular date each year, or will they build you one as long as you have the cash to buy one? I'm just wondering if I'm going to be pushed back to a 2010 model (if there is going to be a 2010 ACR). On a side note, I've seen a couple of 2008's still available. I don't know if these are ads that just haven't been pulled yet after the sale. I would think that the waiting list for 2009's couldn't be too long if there are still 2008's available. Maybe a long list at particular dealerships but not everywhere? Any suggestions on what to do? I know that, by law, deposits must be refundable. Are we at the point now where I should put down a deposit and be able to pay for it next summer?
Thanks
James

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen a few threads that state that if you want an ACR, get your order in now for the 2009's because there is a long waiting list. I'm not looking to put the money into one until next summer. Is there a set limit on ACR production? Do they stop production after a particular date each year, or will they build you one as long as you have the cash to buy one? I'm just wondering if I'm going to be pushed back to a 2010 model (if there is going to be a 2010 ACR). On a side note, I've seen a couple of 2008's still available. I don't know if these are ads that just haven't been pulled yet after the sale. I would think that the waiting list for 2009's couldn't be too long if there are still 2008's available. Maybe a long list at particular dealerships but not everywhere? Any suggestions on what to do? I know that, by law, deposits must be refundable. Are we at the point now where I should put down a deposit and be able to pay for it next summer?
Thanks
James

Reference to dealer removed as he is not a site supporter.

Last edited by a moderator:

als 08 viper acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks
James

I am not sure when 09 ordering is opening up, but if it is like this year & you picked a color (They color batch) that is made later in the year, you would be lucky to get by summer. I ordered my Red/Black ACR in Dec 07 & I will be lucky to get in 2 months.

Al

P.S. Max Motors is asking 117k ea. for his 2 Red/black ACR'S/ MSRP is approx 101k

als 08 viper acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks Al,
Did You Just Have To Put A Deposit Down With The Rest Due Upon Delivery Of The Vehicle? And, If You Don't Mind Me Asking, How Much Of A Deposit Did They Ask For?
Thanks,
James

Deposit Is Probably Negotiable Depending On Dealer. I Asked The Dealer If 5k Was Ok For A Deposit & Yes The Balance Is Not Due Until The Vehicle Arrives. A Smaller Deposit May Be Acceptable Depending On The Dealer. Viper Manufacturing Is An Extremely Slow Process. I Would Try A Larger Dealer, Like Woodhouse (nebraska) Especially If You Are Close To Their Location Or Can Drive It Home (like Rocman Did To Southern Calif. That Was Amazing).

Al

als 08 viper acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i've Seen A Few Threads That State That If You Want An Acr, Get Your Order In Now For The 2009's Because There Is A Long Waiting List. I'm Not Looking To Put The Money Into One Until Next Summer. Is There A Set Limit On Acr Production? Do They Stop Production After A Particular Date Each Year, Or Will They Build You One As Long As You Have The Cash To Buy One? I'm Just Wondering If I'm Going To Be Pushed Back To A 2010 Model (if There Is Going To Be A 2010 Acr). On A Side Note, I've Seen A Couple Of 2008's Still Available. I Don't Know If These Are Ads That Just Haven't Been Pulled Yet After The Sale. I Would Think That The Waiting List For 2009's Couldn't Be Too Long If There Are Still 2008's Available. Maybe A Long List At Particular Dealerships But Not Everywhere? Any Suggestions On What To Do? I Know That, By Law, Deposits Must Be Refundable. Are We At The Point Now Where I Should Put Down A Deposit And Be Able To Pay For It Next Summer?
Thanks
James

Acr Buyers! Roanoke Motors In Il. Has 4 Acr's--yes 4 Listed On Their Website. 1 Red, 2 Orange & 1 Black.

Al

rocman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Deposit Is Probably Negotiable Depending On Dealer. I Asked The Dealer If 5k Was Ok For A Deposit & Yes The Balance Is Not Due Until The Vehicle Arrives. A Smaller Deposit May Be Acceptable Depending On The Dealer. Viper Manufacturing Is An Extremely Slow Process. I Would Try A Larger Dealer, Like Woodhouse (nebraska) Especially If You Are Close To Their Location Or Can Drive It Home (like Rocman Did To Southern Calif. That Was Amazing).

Al

And I would not hesitate to do it again. :D

OP
OP
J

jmsrx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. It looks like I will be putting a deposit down sometime soon if the production takes as long as everyone says. Anyone know the answer to the question about limited numbers? Does Dodge have a set number of ACR's that they do not want to exceed, or will they build them up to a certain date no matter how many they have orders for?
Thanks,
James

Last edited:

als 08 viper acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. It looks like I will be putting a deposit down sometime soon if the production takes as long as everyone says. Anyone know the answer to the question about limited numbers? Does Dpdge have a set number of ACR's that they do not want to exceed, or will they build them up to a certain date no matter how many they have orders for?
Thanks,
James

I don't know about 2009, but for 2008 they took & accepted ALL orders received by a certain date--I think Feb. 28. so they WERE NOT LIMITED IN NUMBER. Although probably less than 200 orders were received. They probably will do something similiar in 2009, of course, this is my guess.

Al

OP
OP
J

jmsrx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the answer Al:2tu:.
James

Oh, by the way, does anyone know if the ACR is available in the snakeskin green with black striping? My other choice is black with red striping which seems to be one of the more popular choices.
James

als 08 viper acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And I would not hesitate to do it again. :D

As you probably know, I haven't received my 2008 ACR, but last Wednesday I did receive my 2007 GT500 Red/Black Modified by Shelby into 725HP Super Snake. I plan to go to C & C In Irvine with the SS this Saturday. Still waiting for your ACR to show up. No ACR's have attented so far. But of course I don't know of any others delivered in Southern California.

P.S. I saw that great article "My first drive in a 2008 Viper SRT10 ACR" & of course, you car was the STAR of the article.

Al

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am hearing several things about the '08 & '09 ACR's. While it's probably true they honored all the orders for '08's the quantity was limited. I was told there is a limited production capacity at some of the suppliers, and this would hold true for the '09 ACR's as well. I was told there would be no more than 150 '08 ACR's and something less than 200 '09 ACR's.
I've been told the orders are now closed for the first three colors of the '09 ACR's as well. I was told these colors were White, Viper Red, and Graphite. So far no-one has been able to tell me the color sequences for the balance of the '09's. Potentially production of the '09 model year could start as soon as late September if there are no more delays of parts for the balance of the '08's.
I have no info (from the Color Guy) that states ACR's will come in any other colors than white, red & graphite.

So- What color ACR's will be allowed in '09??? How many??? When will pricing be available??? NOBODY SEEMS TO KNOW FOR SURE!:dunno:

PBR

als 08 viper acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am hearing several things about the '08 & '09 ACR's. While it's probably true they honored all the orders for '08's the quantity was limited. I was told there is a limited production capacity at some of the suppliers, and this would hold true for the '09 ACR's as well. I was told there would be no more than 150 '08 ACR's and something less than 200 '09 ACR's.
I've been told the orders are now closed for the first three colors of the '09 ACR's as well. I was told these colors were White, Viper Red, and Graphite. So far no-one has been able to tell me the color sequences for the balance of the '09's. Potentially production of the '09 model year could start as soon as late September if there are no more delays of parts for the balance of the '08's.
I have no info (from the Color Guy) that states ACR's will come in any other colors than white, red & graphite.

So- What color ACR's will be allowed in '09??? How many??? When will pricing be available??? NOBODY SEEMS TO KNOW FOR SURE!:dunno:

PBR

I didn't even know that 09 ordering was open. When did the 09 ordering commence?

Al

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine