Is the engine in the back of these things?

01 RT SNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Took my RT/10 to emissions on Friday morning and was waiting in line. The older tech comes up to me and asks for my registration. He then asks if the engine is in the back or the front. I looked at him and politely responded, "it's in the front". Don't mind that the hood is 6 feet long and the trunk area is like 3. He then says, "man this is definitely a chick magnet". I responded, "yeah, but I already live with my girlfriend". He replied, "well, there goes that!"

Good news is that it passed.

What kind of stupid questions have you all been asked? I would think that someone working at MVD/Emissions would know better. I'm guessing they don't see too many Vipers.

Mike

cagleman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dumbest question was "where's the cat"? They couldn't get it tested (or didn't have personnel that knew what they were doing) and the mgr just said..."it passed" and let me go on without actually getting it tested. If I'd have known that, I would have gone ahead and had the cats removed...oh well.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I brought my 98 home to Virginia from its previous home in Jersey, the toll gal on 95 asked if it was a new Corvette......I shot her........