Is this a good deal...

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
or is it cheap garbage? I found this on eBay and was looking for a little feedback:

Up for sale is a twin turbo kit for the Gen II (96-02) Dodge Viper GTS or RT-10. Included in the kit is all the intercooler piping along with silicone couplers and clamps, all the hot part hardware including manifold extendions, downpipes, wastegate dump pipes, v-band clamps, complete exhaust system with muffler and muffler tips, oil lines for the turbos, front mount intercooler, and two GT3040 water and oil cooled turbos. This kit features side exit exhausts as well as rear exit exhausts. This kit uses the stock exhaust manifolds.
This kit mounts the turbos in the footwells, rolling your fendors is needed, but no cutting is required. You will also have to tap into your oil system to feed the turbos. Tuning is recommended with an AEM or VEC II. This same kit on our test car made 740rwhp at 10 psi on a 97 GTS.
The turbo kit does not include the twin 50mm blow off valves or the twin 46mm wastegates needed to install. You can most likely purchase those items for an additional $800 from motorsport retailers.

Here's the link:
eBay Motors: Gen II 96-02 Dodge Viper Side Mount Twin Turbo Kit (item 180194523506 end time Dec-19-07 20:46:33 PST)

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks like a hell of a deal. The seller doesn't have much feedback so I don't know if I'd risk my money (id I wanted a TT, which I don't). It doesn't say if it's used or new so ask.

Ted

chimazo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was a "discussion" recently regarding this kit in the Alley... Opinion was not strong about the cheap Chinese turbos and the fact that you'd still have to spend another $2k (not including some better turbos) on the wastegates and engine management.
The same Ebay seller has also been selling SVS headers for a nice price.

SSSSE YA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was a "discussion" recently regarding this kit in the Alley... Opinion was not strong about the cheap Chinese turbos and the fact that you'd still have to spend another $2k (not including some better turbos) on the wastegates and engine management.

The same Ebay seller has also been selling SVS headers for a nice price.

The headers are also cheap Chinese knock offs..

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I contacted this guy...I live in Austin, so I am going to try and go by and see this thing if i can and report back to you folks.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking at the pictures of the setup on that GTS, there is NO belly pan!! NOT GOOD!:omg: The belly pan is there to keep the frame stiff! Also I would not want all that heat near the trans, fuel/brake lines!:nono:

My 2-cents.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang