Is this auction legit or yet another ebay scam???/

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember a while back, a B/W GTS was being sold with extremely low miles and a recent in-service date. I thought the car had changed hands a few times already, but is it for sale again? You mean to tell me no one has driven this car at all?

I am thinking about taking up a collection so that I can buy this car. I will put a video camera in the car and make a video of it being driven in the rain, drag raced, auto-x'd and road raced. All major contributors will receive a copy of the video free of charge. :D

Link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Vip...088898158QQrdZ1

OP
OP
ViperJohn

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh...one last thing to add. I would also have to drive it up a steep incline and put a few "character" marks on the front fascia.

OP
OP
ViperJohn

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
10k no reserve???

Looking more and more like a scam. I remember Chris Marshall made the ad for the guy selling this car. I guess it was about two years ago. If you read where it states the warranty can be exteneded because of when the in service date is. Must be a cut and paste job because the car is actually now past the 3yr/36K mile warranty period by about 4 months.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I emailed the seller as he wants 30k. I know someone who lives in the same town. if the buyer will let me have him look at the car, maybe it's legit. otherwise, it ain't!

JD

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who in their right mind would only want $30K for a 1997 B/W GTS w/ 450 miles on it? It's worth at least twice that.....I say scam.

vipernate

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats a scam for sure. Some of that description is from our very own Chris Marshall and I remeber the pictures of that car were taken by him as well. Think that car (the real one) sold for $70k. A meber here had it and sold it on ebay, Chris did the ad.

Remember - if it's too good to be true...

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
From the listing:

Do not bid as there is an minor error in the listing. The listing will be removed. The car is available for sale but do not bid on this listing. You can ask questions regarding the car at [email protected]. All questions will be answered. The asking price is mentioned in the title. I CAN ACCEPT BEST OFFERS

Ok, so what is the minor error and why is it being removed. Simple fix I would think no?

S.C.A.M

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will be removed, alright, but not for some 'minor error' in the listing. :p
I've reported it to ebay. Total scam, I remember this car and listing, it's word for word the same.
The scammers' feedback puts the nail in the coffin, bunch of cheap crap honda parts and some stolen looking tools, including a 'radio removal tool', wonder what that's being used for...

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will be removed, alright, but not for some 'minor error' in the listing. :p
I've reported it to ebay. Total scam, I remember this car and listing, it's word for word the same.
The scammers' feedback puts the nail in the coffin, bunch of cheap crap honda parts and some stolen looking tools, including a 'radio removal tool', wonder what that's being used for...

They Listened to you, its gone.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Response from the seller to my email [and i'll preface this with 'are people really this stupid???']:

Thanks for the interest in my car.
I'll explain the basics of this deal. As you know i intend to sell this car for $30,000. Don't be missled by the price, the car is in perfect condition, never sustained any damage, not even the most minor scratch. Always garaged and comes with a clean non-smoker interior.

I have everything ready for this sale and everything has been thought about. The car is now in the shipper's hands sealed in a container, waiting for it's future owner. It attended some car shows in Europe and now it is ready for the new owner. This will be like the last trip me and my second love will take. DAS Auto Shipping International will take care of the shipping process. I will take care of the shipping costs because it is not your fault this car is no longer at home.

For the payment process we'll use eBay so that both seller and buyer will feel secure. We will benefit from good service. The programs will grant you 5 days for inspection of the vehicle. The return policy says that if the car turns different from what i described after those 5 inspection days, the seller must return it on his cost. I am absolutely sure that won't be the case.

So... here were a few words about a future purchase... If interested, please reply and we'll go from there! Confirm you are a genuine seller by sending me your full name, address and the ebay user id. This will also enhance our communication and the transaction aswell.

Cheers
Vinnie Faso

[email protected]

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The newest trend is sending fake Ebay "invoices" after you corospond w/ the scammer. I've baited a few scammers as of late w/ Supra stuff... they're definitely getting better than the old "You send money now, 5999!" emails I used to get LOL

OP
OP
ViperJohn

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The newest trend is sending fake Ebay "invoices" after you corospond w/ the scammer. I've baited a few scammers as of late w/ Supra stuff... they're definitely getting better than the old "You send money now, 5999!" emails I used to get LOL

I recently got one from an ebay scammer claiming I needed to respond to a auction dispute. Not to shabby of a scam.. You hate to find yourself admiring their effort, but I was impressed.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mad Maxx, is that you? Welcome back, it's been a while!