Is this the New Ring Record Announcement? Official release from SRT

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I first copied and pasted this at the end of the other thread about the Vipers at the Ring, but I was afraid it would get buried. I was emailed this press release from SRT about 2 hours ago which I copied below: Its not too exciting if you ask me. The ring announcement is in the 3nd paragraph.

Targa Newfoundland recap, Viper ACR Nürburgring record lap and preview of the last two races of the 2011 Dodge Viper Cup.​
[h=1]driveSRT dialed in: SRT dominates 2011 Targa Newfoundland.[/h]
You must be registered for see images
The 2011 Targa Newfoundland Rally is now history. After five full days of endurance racing across hundreds of miles of challenging island roads, Team SRT prevailed. The trio of SRTs drove to a pair of class wins, won the Sirius Satellite Radio President's Manufacturers' Challenge and secured the Autism Challenge Cup by helping to raise more money for the cause than any other team.
Aside from its wins, the event served as a testbed for factory-installed components to be used in the next Viper. Both Pirelli P-Zero tires and Pennzoil Ultra synthetic oil performed flawlessly throughout the endurance race.
Meanwhile, an entire continent away, the Viper ACR recaptured the title as fastest production car to lap the world-famous Nürburgring. A recorded lap time of 7:12 bested its nearest competitor by two seconds, and eclipsed SRT's previous record by a full ten ticks. The record was set as European SRT fans welcomed the 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 at the Frankfurt Motor Show. The highest-performing Jeep to date will go on sale in select European markets early next year. Its unmistakable appearance and all-around capability will make an impact.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sure there is more to come. I think folks are getting impatient, but in the end SRT will come through with what all of us want to hear.

Nice find though

Bruce

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Looks like Gilles and Horsey win Grp. 8 in the Modern Class in the Viper ACR and Pacione and Maxwell win the Open Class in an SRT8 Challenger. Pretty cool to have two Dodges up at the top. With the runs at Nurburgring , it has been an auspicious month for SRT/Dodge !!!