Is this the Next Viper???

OP
OP
I

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree it might be, if it is, it's a damn good job.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like a Photoshop to me. What's interesting is that parts of the '99 Charger concept and the mid '90's Venom concept are visible in that photo.

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am I the only one who doesn't really like it? Sure it's exotic.......but does it look good? Maybe it needs to grow on me?

Dave Moore

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
photoshoped. Look at the lighting on the hood and the way the stripes don't line up. It's too euro. I don't care for it.

Donuts4me9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that lloks like a photochop. viper and a Ferrari with a differant hood. I'm WAY MORE INTERESTED in what is sitting just to the left of the car. could that be the new Viper? looks like they brought back some of the origional lines ! :nana:

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I believe that is the same photoshop from many years ago when the SRT concept first came out. It was suppose to depict a mid-engine Viper, which not too many people were crazy about.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is that a <font color="green">GREEN</font> Viper in the upper right hand corner???

No, it's the Venom, which was a concept that debuted in the mid to late '90s and was based off the Neon platform.

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Definitely looks like a photchop and I agree, it looks like an F430//Elise/Viper combo.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How the heck are they going to fit a V10 under that hood. There's no room from what I see. Unless of course, it's a mid-engine layout. Now that would be Euro. But I would buy it in a heartbeat.

-Avi

Ron Weickart

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I created that image. Check my gallery for more (maybe better) images. Here is the caption that is in the image gallery...

"Early 2002. I picked up a low-res picture of the VGX concept car off of the VCA website, and did a quick "photochop" of what a Ford GT fighter Viper might look like, - hidden away in the secret Dodge skunkwerks garage... "

Ron Weickart

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a better (cleaner) example of this kind of thing (except rear engined to front engined this time - instead of front engined to rear engined)...

From my gallery (on this site). Caption from gallery included...

30fe4-12-2-med.jpg

September 2004. The latest concept car to come out of Chrysler was the "ME Four-Twelve". The "ME" stands for Mid-Engine, and the "Four-Twelve" stands for Four turbochargers and Twelve cylinders... It makes an outrageous 850hp and it cuts the eye with its equally outrageous forward-thinking edgy design.
Perhaps - this is the new design language of the factory styling studio... Perhaps - this hard sculpted design is a hint at the direction of the next Viper.
The Gen IV Viper, by my guess, would be shown around 2010, pretty far off... Perhaps 850hp would seem "just right" for the Viper, perhaps a "non-retro" design would be desirable to set the Viper apart from its "competitors" at that time...
Anyway, here is my "concept sketch" of just what a 2010 Viper might look like if we follow the lead of the ME Four-Twelve..

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang