It could only happen to me

vvvviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The dealer (who will reamain nameless) who sold me my 01 Sapphire Blue RT/10 assured me that the owners manual would be shipped to me. "No it doesn't come with the car" they said from the salesman right up to the Sales Manager, "you'll get the owners manual in the mail."

So after a few days, no owners manual, I figured Dodge could have at least Overnighted it to me after me dropping 70+K.

Other little annoyances such as no floor mats led me to give JohnB a call and place my first order. Let me tell you (like you didn't already know) this guy knows his stuff. We talked for about 20 minutes and my first order consisted of tubes, filters, mats, cockpit cover.

I mention in passing to John about how I'm waiting for me owners manual in the mail. He promptly goes to tell me IT'S IN THE CAR !!!....located "in the pocket behind the drivers seat." Man, sure as *&%$#@ there it was. With a Video tape!!! I spent 5 hours at the dealership that day and here's a guy in the other corner of the country who tells me over the phone "check behind the driver's seat." Needless to say I'm unimpressed with the dealership, very impressed with JohnB and feel a little foolish myself thinking the owners manual was on it's way in the mail.

P.S. John, Items came in yesterday. All looks good.

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Mark in Boca,

Don't feel bad. I am a retired Dodge dealer. I took delivery of my '96 GTS coupe from Reliable about two weeks before the sale on my store closed. We could not find the owners manual. We asked the Reliable driver and he did not know where it would be either. So I had my parts manager order a replacement manual. After driving my GTS for about a week, my detail guy happened to find the manual while cleaning the car exactly where you found yours. Needless to say, I felt a little embarassed and was just glad it happened to me and not a retail customer. These things can happen so don't be too ******* your dealer for this one oversight! Look at the bright side...you are the one driving the brand new Viper RT/10 and very few people can even say they have seen one much less own one. Enjoy this special vehicle! Good luck!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmagnuss