It's official, NO MORE PRICE GOUGING AT THE PUMPS

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: It\'s official, NO MORE PRICE GOUGING AT THE PUMPS

[******] those towel headed terrorist station owners. I will just ride my bike(pedal).

Racist.

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score

How is this topic Viper related?

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score

How is this topic Viper related?
Exactly...his remark should have been deleted long ago...spreading racist hate on a Viper web site???

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I also read about the station owner that ran after the guy that tried to steal gas and I believe he was run over. I guess someone here thinks that's funny where I find it really sad.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

First: supply and demand is what causes prices to go up or down.
The problem is that the oil companies control the SUPPLY side of the equation. Demand is a constant. Emerging countries like China do strain the resources, but OPEC and the oil producing companies have not cut back, they have increased production. The oil is there. Oil companies and futures brokers drive up the prices by MANUFACTURING a crisis. The hint of some far off instability in some third world country and prices go up. Why? What is the corelation? The price did not sky rocket during the war in Iraq when the battles were being fought on the ground. Is that not instabilty in the mid east?

This is all ********. These shortages are contrived by forces who have in their best interest higher oil prices. The price of gas was rising before Katrina even hit, expectations were there would be damage to the refineries. Lo and behold, there was. Of course, the "damage" will take months to fix so prices will have to remain high. And then in a while they will settle back a few cents so it LOOKS like things are normalizing, but they will be higher than before by 20% or more, with the oil companies reaping huge profits again. We are powerless.

Reaction score

I own 3 gas stations and it is not rosey like you think in a time like this. 1)more bad checks 2)more goes to the credit card company 3)more drive offs 4)alot of verbal abuse

I too wonder why we are paying the oil companies well over what the futures are trading at. Yesterday the futures went down 20 cents and our wholesale stayed the same (normally they follow one another).

0260in3

Enthusiast
Reaction score

There were a few stations here in St. Louis that were out of the Regular unleaded on Thursday evening. They did have the mid and high grades. This got me to thinking about gas pricing (this could be dangerous). Theoretically, a station owner would have to refill their Regular tanks at a higher cost. However, the tanks containing higher grades would still be at least partially full from when wholesale prices were lower. So, in an increasing cost environment, shouldn't the higher grades actually be cheaper for the consumer? Or, do station owners just allocate prices based upon combined costs of remaining inventory to maintain the price spread between the various grades? I always hear that margins are very thin which makes sense for the Regular stuff but I'm wondering if that is true for the higher grades (which affects Viper owners).

jdavis

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Gas stations here (FL) are running out of fuel almost daily. I found one station that had 93 octane only @3.21 and gladly pumped in $56.00. IMHO,this whole gas crisis is contrived by the oil companies. We are gradually being desensitized to European price levels. Profit levels for most oil companies are up around 300% from last year. They have us by the ****** and aren't about to loosen their grip. We are forced to buy their products and will pay almost anything to keep our cars and the economic wheels running.
What does this have to do with Vipers? Easy answer is that Vipers use a lot of fuel so owners would have an interest in the topic.

RoyV101621

Enthusiast
Reaction score

jdavis <<< you've got it!

BP buys Amoco then begins to push prices up, all the while stating, "If you lived in Europe..."

If I lived in Europe, My work week would only be 32 hours long.
If I lived in Europe, I'd have government sponsored health care.
If I lived in Europe, I'd have a government sponsored vacation 4 weeks per year.
IF I lived in Europe, I'd ***** about high taxation but at least I'm getting more for my money that those damn Yanks.

diabolos88

Enthusiast
Reaction score

just boycott everything and go Viper-electric :)
wouldnt be bad if there was a way for 1000hp electric setup huh ?:)

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I don't see any gouging?

7827BP.jpg

Where was that taken? Somewhere in Europe I assume.

Nope, definitly taken in Atlanta. It was all over the news the day after Katrina hit. The owner, (Senor Dothead)...(name changed to protect the guilty) said he did it so everyone "would quit buying gas". When the reporter asked him why not just hang up a a sign, the guy got mad and walked off. You know if we made the Middle East a parking lot after 9-11-01, we may have avoided a lot of this.