I've been Snake bit!!

purenrg625

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I\'ve been Snake bit!!

Hello!
I just took ownership of my first Viper, a 2000 RT/10. I absolutely love this car! My first modification is going to be exhaust and would like to know your opinions on sound and horsepower as well as places to purchase. Thanks in advance!

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: I\'ve been Snake bit!!

Talk to the Belanger family (specifically Lou) about an exhaust. Available at various resellers, but their direct number is (623) 582-5900. My car will be there next week.

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Congrats! :2tu: Post pics :D

Parts Rack or Roe Racing would be a good start for an exhaust system. You'll get different opinions on exhaust preference which is very subjective. Go to a VCA meeting and listen to the different systems. I have a Corsa system with high flow cats and headers. Not real happy with the exhaust note with stock manifolds and stock cats. The headers and high flow cats really woke it up though.

Blue Pilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Welcome and congrats on your purchase. Check out the link to the South Florida chapter and upcoming events. We look forward to meeting you.

BTW, nice color combo!

1BADBITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Congrats - I have a 2000 R/T as well - Excellent choice.
I had B&B's Catbacks installed after researching thru many posts.
I wanted a 'middle of the road' approach - happy neighbours / happy wife / happy driving.
Very pleased :)

GCHDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hello!
I just took ownership of my first Viper, a 2000 RT/10. I absolutely love this car! My first modification is going to be exhaust and would like to know your opinions on sound and horsepower as well as places to purchase. Thanks in advance!
Love my Belangers they sound just right. But be for-warned their tips really **** so get a set from Ron (venomblue550)
6544tip_2-med.jpg

Chad

PRVT JET

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Those are on the new cat-backs, the old ones are pretty ugly. the old ones are longer with no rolled-over tips.

OP
OP
P

purenrg625

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome as well as some suggestions for exhaust. I have seen figures on Ebay for the Borla cat back system claiming 18HP/25torque. Is this true and does anyone make one much better for the same cost?

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Standard "exhaust question" reply:

Exhaust sound is VERY subjective. What I think sounds truely wonderful, you may think *****!

Folks are VERY passionate about the system that THEY plopped down xxxxx amount of dollars for and stand by that system ready to defend it vigorously.

So, get to a VCA meet, Viper Days event, or local "gathering" of Vipers at a ******* (go figure) and take a listen for yourself as to what sounds best and is right for YOU.

Good luck and WELCOME to the fold!!