jerking at low speed

SCS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Must be a fairly common problem...My 2000 GTS has done it since day one...

paul

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I drive at low speed in 1st and 2nd gear my viper starts to buck or **** until I push in the clutch. Is this normal or bad what should I do. Someone said something about the throttle cables being out of line, but they were just guessing and he did not know the adjustments.

jp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have to do a trottle sync, all of that is decribed on the VCA site, no problemo! It's easy.

/JP

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
The problem you describe could easily be the TWO throttle cables are out of sync...ASSUMING you have a "Gen I" engine ('92-96 RT/10)...and by following the given advice, there is an easy fix...all it takes is a helper!

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ray R, I have 3.54 gears in my 2000 RT and it behaves exactly the same as yours. I have to feather the clutch to stop the jerking.

It looks like this might be an inherent problem in 2000s, any of the gurus have any input?????

Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jerking could also result from not applying the throttle properly. I see this a lot in from drivers that are used to driving low displacement stick shift cars. Its possible that
you are lightly pressing and depressing the throttle with the bucking of the car, amplifying or continuing the effect. The throttle is more sensitive at low speeds so it wouldn't be noticeable when moving relatively fast. Why are you driving slow anyway?
You must be registered for see images

Gene
-Soon to be a VCA member...as soon as I get my viper.

Ray R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My '00 gts does this as well. As soon as I notice it starting to ****, I depress the clutch pedal and start over again. It only happens when I'm trying to start off at a slow speed, thus releasing the clutch pedal at low rpms (@1k or lower). Maybe changing from 3.07 gears to 3.55 would help? I could use a higher rpm for take-off without having to worry about "launching" into the car in front of me. As asked before, does the '00 have cables to adjust?