JonB Mondays!

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I drove to Washdougal, Washington late last Sunday. I called JonB when I got there about 9:30pm and asked him if he would prefer to show me the car I was interested in late Sunday night or I could wait until Monday. Jon said something about 5am and told me to call him at 11am Monday morning when he'd arrange to drive the 20 miles and show me the car.

8am the phone rang and JonB asked me for breakfast. We went for breakfast at a restaurant and had a pleasant conversation. Jon caught me up with what's happening in Chrylser and what's going on at the Connor Ave Assy plant, etc. Then Jon showed me the Stealth and a few other of his collectable autos. I agreed to purchase the car from Jon and went home to get my pickup.

Thanks Jon, it was a pleasant visit.

Ted

Nyoka

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I drove to Washdougal, Washington late last Sunday. I called JonB when I got there about 9:30pm and asked him if he would prefer to show me the car I was interested in late Sunday night or I could wait until Monday. Jon said something about 5am and told me to call him at 11am Monday morning when he'd arrange to drive the 20 miles and show me the car.

8am the phone rang and JonB asked me for breakfast. We went for breakfast at a restaurant and had a pleasant conversation. Jon caught me up with what's happening in Chrylser and what's going on at the Connor Ave Assy plant, etc. Then Jon showed me the Stealth and a few other of his collectable autos. I agreed to purchase the car from Jon and went home to get my pickup.

Thanks Jon, it was a pleasant visit.

Ted
Remember to clear the purchase first with 1BADGTS...

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I explained to badgt that the Stealth TT was too fast as designed by the Dodge engineers (so they gave North American cars little 9B turbos instead of the bigger 13G Turbos that the engine was designed for) because the Stealth TT was only designed to be the fastest North American 6 and barely beat the Corvette. With the 13Gs the Stealth was almost a contender with the Viper so with smaller turbos the Stealth did beat the vette, but only slightly. He didn't believe me???

You must be registered for see images

I know it was Jon because I met him at PIR when he was my HPDriving Instructor and met him again at VOI X. He was pleasant as always. :)

Although these cars were often used in supercar shoot outs the Stealth didn't beat the Porsches, the Ferrari or the Viper. Stock these cars are mediocre. With exhaust and 14psi boost they are nice and quick. Changing out the Turbos for the 13Gs makes them an 11 sec car (14psi) and compareable to a Viper. Two of my Stealth R/T TTs have had the electonic suspension replaced with GAB racing shocks. Although a much stiffer ride than the electronic "Tour" mode the handling is far superior. I like a stiff ride even though the wife doesn't. I mostly like these cars for the All Wheel Drive as they are far superior to pickups and SUVs on icy roads. It's also great that I can safely drive a Supercar throughout the winter! The trailer Jon found for me was a screaming deal as well!

Taking both for inspections Thurs.

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ah yes, the engine ... 3L puts out 300bhp stock at 7psi(93 upped the boost to 9psi and 320psi). This car has HKS exhaust worth another 20bhp and a cloth air filter (3bhp?).

I have a 3" SS downpipe which is good for another 20bhp or so after the inspection, and will make a manual boost controller to bump to 14psi next week. It'll be fun until I get the time to install the SS headers and 16G turbos from the shelf.

Ted