Just got back from drag racing at Sacramento Raceway.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My first run was the best of the day. Despite the heat.
I wanted to try my N20 setup at the track and punch into the 11s on street tires, and I managed that. So I'm happy.
Things would have definitely been different with drag radials, but I already got a warning at the 11.9 time for not having a rollbar.

Rt : 0.691
60': 2.052
1/8: 8.017@ 95.56
1/4: 11.9@ 126.7MPH

As the night went on, my tires got cold and it was hard to keep from spinning, so I got some "Supra" times of 12s@ 125MPH.

Anyway it was not ideal, but it was great fun talking with everyone there, racing, and watching the other cars race.

-Dean.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad you had a good time Dean. Now are there any redneck run IHRA tracks around. :D lol. Those seem to be more liberal when it comes to running fast times. Don't know if that is good or bad.

varanus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the plus side none of the vettes 9( and their were a lot) I saw broke nto the 12's except except for a sc Zo6 that i saw that night, so dean you did wel against them.

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey snakester what kind of nitrous kit are u runnin? wet or dry? and how much u spraying? are u hitting the nitrous out of the hole in first gear on the launch and are u juicin it all the way down the track?

OP
OP
S

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what kind of nitrous kit are u runnin? wet or dry? and how much u spraying? are u hitting the nitrous out of the hole in first gear on the launch and are u juicin it all the way down the track?

I have a NX wet setup, jetted to 150HP, with a MSD window switch automatically triggering on the nitrous between 3000 and 5800RPM. I haven't tuned the nitrous yet, so it is running really rich and yielding only around 100HP/160TQ (crank).

I certainly would be able to shave between 0.5 and maybe a full second off of my time if I had slicks, or even drag radials. But even spinning badly I was able to nip into the 11s and get a warning that I didn't have a rollbar, and needed to keep it in the 12s.

wet or dry? Could you explain this to me? Also, why do people (mix?) propane and nitrous?

A "dry" shot of nitrous just sprays the N2O gas into the engine, and counts on the fuel injection to keep the mixture from getting too lean from the N20. And without active anti-knock electronics to pull the timing this means that a dry shot has to be very small (50HP?).

With a "wet" shot there are two sets of spray nozzles (with two throttle bodies) there are both nitrous nozzles and gas nozzles which atomize and mix the extra fuel needed to run more nitrous without going lean. Most people run between 75-200HP shot when running wet, and can still have the same air-to-fuel ratio as the normally aspirated engine.

Propane is used instead of a gas tapped from the the Viper's regular gasoline line. The propane has it's own tank (and sometimes it's own bottle heater too) and is supposed to be a better mix for nitrous use. It costs more, and is more complex but would likely be a better choice if you have the extra money and don't mind another flammable gas tank in your trunk. Some people also just have a separate (small) fuel tank and pump to work with the nitrous setup. They put race gas in the tank.

-Dean.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456