Just got back from the Drag Strip ... running the car for the first time ---

alwayscode390

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had my car for about 4 months and honestly havent even had it at WOT before ... so tonight was the night!!!

SUPER packed from the good weather ... only got 2 runs in.

I babied it the first run because I was paranoid about the horror stories of Vipers eating the walls.

You must be registered for see images attach

Not too shabby ... I wonder if the car has high 11's in it? Ran great ... seemed to LOVE it.

Hooked pretty well considering I did ZERO burnout either time, and EVERYONE was ******** that the track was in poor prep-shape.

Got a lot of positive comments :)

Thanks for the tips guys!!! ---

* 425whp / 460 wtq 2001 GTS * 3.73's * 345/25/20's *

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

alwayscode390

Enthusiast
Reaction score
(I ran 30lbs in the tires, no burnout at all, and off idle at the launch)

I heard the same thing ... plus I like to run it as if I was at a street light.

They forced you through the water, so that sucked.

$600 a tire keeps me from doing burnouts anyway LOL ---

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I noticed about a tenth or two improvement whenever I did a burnout with my PS2's. It does help, but not as much as drag radials would see. Nice time on the left slip. Next time lower your pressure to 28PSI and you'll drop a tenth. If you can get that 60' down to 1.7 you'll be close to 12 flat.

OP
OP
A

alwayscode390

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noticed about a tenth or two improvement whenever I did a burnout with my PS2's. It does help, but not as much as drag radials would see. Nice time on the left slip. Next time lower your pressure to 28PSI and you'll drop a tenth. If you can get that 60' down to 1.7 you'll be close to 12 flat.

Thanks for that!!!

If I did a burnout, lowered my pressure, got my 60' under 2.0, and concentrated on faster shifting ( I was too worried about the ass-end to focus on my shifting this time around ) ... I think I will be very low 12's or better.

I was told to go 28 lbs ... but wasnt sure how the car would drive to the track like that ( I have a 30 mile drive there ). The tires actually had 38lbs in them before I went down to 30 .. no wonder I thought they didnt hook well HAHAHA ---

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a great shot of your car at the starting line! Next time just drive around the water box, the guys at the track know better than to put you through the box with those tires.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala