Just got back from the track (I love my Heffner TT)

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got home from the track and it looks like you guys have already heard about it, but I'll tell you my story anyway.

Ran a total of 3 passes. 1st 2 runs were shake down passes just trying to get comfortable in the car.

The 3rd pass I tried to stay in it for a full run(I have no safety equipment so I was a bit nervous). 60' was a not-so-good 1.51 and the car still ran a [email protected] fastest trap speed in ANY viper !!!. Jason read the data afterwards and the car stumbled a bit out of the hole. Car went straight and smooth. This thing pulls hard !!!

It was not a great day for racing. Most guys went home early. 80+ degrees. I'm very happy with the pass and when I get a cage in it, I will have plenty more from this car. It's only the beggining.

Stock suspension and sway bar still in place.

This car has great potential to go alot faster and will.

Video should be up later tonight. Z06Paul is going to host it on his website.

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Jeff. Heffner builds wicked cars that perform right out of the box. No multiple trips to dial them in. Just make a couple passes and pick up your record. Again, congrats and nice driving.

OP
OP
T

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Chad

Can't wait to get to a track together. My car is like your cars baby brother. Pretty crazy to think that 157MPH makes my car anyones baby brother... :D

Everyone thought my car was yours today. We told them it was, and it was running 12PSI and 87octane :shocked:

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff, awesome numbers man! Dayuummm!!! incredible... How does it drive on the street? Can you hear the turbos or are they silent? What tires do you run on the street?

G

OP
OP
T

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerald,

Thanks for the props...

I'm actually running low boost and 19"Pirelli's on the street. Not doing too much street racing anymore since I had the kids. I figure with these tires I won't be able to.The car runs great on the street and never gets hot.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THATS what im talkin about.

Congrads man Awesome car and some Awesome driving.

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sheesh, that car has some power! Your shifts were very mild, the launch was even slightly bobbled, and yet the car just RIPS through the 1/4. You're right, I expect you'll tag low 9's (at least) once you have some seat time and swap the suspension.

Very, very nice.

OP
OP
T

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys

Ben,
You are correct, I didn't even drive it that hard at all. Alot more to come from this beast !!!

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score
Way too go !, I can't steal any mid week time untill after May for a track but hope to see you run somehwere down the line, maybe a Friday at ET :2tu:

OP
OP
T

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I won't make E-Town until I get some safety equipment. They are VERY strict.

I'll keep you posted...

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Twinvipers your 60' is not as good as some stock vipers therefore with no other change but a better 60' you will run (9.20's). If you get a 1.41, 60', 9teens is in the picture. I am sure an 8 is definately around the corner. GOOD LUCK...

OP
OP
T

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks *****

Ron,
We were only trying to make a nice,clean easy pass. She has alot more in it.