Just installed Magnaflow Catback........

Jeebs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
AND LOVE IT. :2tu:

I was a little unsure about it when i ordered it do to all the good and bad reviews. But i took a chance and i am so glad i did. It has a really good sound at idle and when your on the gas. At highway cruising its not really much louder then stock. The wife actually likes it better then stock. The stock set up gave here a headache she said. This one, not so much. (her thought, not mine). I had the car out yesterday for the first time this year and with the new exhaust and the word most people are using to discribe it is " Dirty " and one said exotic (not sure about that one though)
All i need to do now is find someone (i trust) to do a good fly by so i get to hear it from the back like everyone else gets to. I also got a video flip of the stock set up, now i just have to get one of the new catback.
All in all, i think its a great catback for the price and install was easy. As far as drone goes I'm not hearing it. All i hear is a nice throaty sound. Like the car should have sounded like. Others have said they couldn't stand the Magnaflow and had to remove it in the first week. To each his own i guess. But i would and will recommend to anyone that is looking.
:D

OP
OP
J

Jeebs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes it is. It actually fits together well and the tips look really good. I am more then happy with it. My buddy has a Corsa on his 03, and it sound ok, but i think i like mine better. Personal preference.

OP
OP
J

Jeebs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This is really going to piss off Ted.

Well i'd hate to piss off Ted.(?) What would he have suggested to me to buy? And sense i am such a nice guy, i will remove my catback if it bothers him, and i will put on what ever exhaust he wants to buy me.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ted hasn't been around here for some time. He lives by a frozen lake, far, far away.

OP
OP
J

Jeebs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'll take some pics this afternoon and try and get a sound clip. I got a sound clip before i pulled my stock stuff off, i just need to get one with the new catback. I'll try and get both today.

Grisoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put a Magnaflow cat-back on my SRT-8 Challenger, and it sounds nice, no drone,....just wish it was a little louder.:rolleyes:
Well I ordered the street version for my Chally yesterday and can't wait to get it on. I'll be happy with mellow. The hardest part was deciding that quad round tips would be OK given all the rage with quad rectangular's.

1NASTY69Z

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AND LOVE IT. :2tu:

I was a little unsure about it when i ordered it do to all the good and bad reviews. But i took a chance and i am so glad i did. It has a really good sound at idle and when your on the gas. At highway cruising its not really much louder then stock. The wife actually likes it better then stock. The stock set up gave here a headache she said. This one, not so much. (her thought, not mine). I had the car out yesterday for the first time this year and with the new exhaust and the word most people are using to discribe it is " Dirty " and one said exotic (not sure about that one though)
All i need to do now is find someone (i trust) to do a good fly by so i get to hear it from the back like everyone else gets to. I also got a video flip of the stock set up, now i just have to get one of the new catback.
All in all, i think its a great catback for the price and install was easy. As far as drone goes I'm not hearing it. All i hear is a nice throaty sound. Like the car should have sounded like. Others have said they couldn't stand the Magnaflow and had to remove it in the first week. To each his own i guess. But i would and will recommend to anyone that is looking.

Told ya you would like it....You messaged me on the other board about it. I sold my Red Viper. Going tomorrow to look at 2 B/W 's Looks like Im going to have to buy another system :(

Grisoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes it is. It actually fits together well and the tips look really good. I am more then happy with it. My buddy has a Corsa on his 03, and it sound ok, but i think i like mine better. Personal preference.
So you got the competition kit . . . how's the cabin resonance (drone)?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte