1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K&N Air filter

Discussion in 'SRT10 and SRT10 Coupe Discussions' started by q8_viper, Dec 9, 2012.

1. q8_viper

q8_viper Enthusiast

Hello ,

I have question what kind Air filter I should use to get more HP for my 2008 viper ?

i bought 69-2527TTR K&N Typhoon for $ 484.95 and i did not install it yet !!! some people say i should use stock air box which is better than K&N Typhoon i have !!! . The only change will be K&N replacement air filters Part 33-2432 .

I also have PCM , Belanger headers , high flow and Corsa 2.5 exhaust system

Thanks

2. Allan

Allan Enthusiast

Sad truth is,.........change the filter to whatever you like, and then notice how the car is the same as it was before.

3. Paul Hawker

Paul Hawker Enthusiast

Some people say this...some people say that...

Seems that the stock box flows pretty well. Factory did a good job on this one. Hard to get more performance from an aftermarket airfilter.

K&N people usually do a pretty good job, however, and their typhoon intake system dresses up the engine bay pretty nicely.

4. Viper808

Viper808 Viper Owner

I just put the Typhoon kit on my 2010 and noticed no difference..if anything it was worse than the stock airbox with the K&N flat panel..
    I have NO mods on the car and dont plan too... so I will go back to the stock airbox......If you are doing Mods, exhaust , headers, porting etc. perhaps the Typhoon will help..But for stock me.. its not helping. I have less than 50 miles on the Typhoon perhaps it needs time for the computer to re-calibrate???? dont know for sure.. If anyone is looking for one I will sell for $ 300 plus shipping.. less than 50 miles on it ...and all parts are there...in perfectly new condition..

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  5. Viper808

Viper808 Viper Owner

Typhoon Kit SOLD!