K&N Air filter

q8_viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello ,

I have question what kind Air filter I should use to get more HP for my 2008 viper ?

i bought 69-2527TTR K&N Typhoon for $ 484.95 and i did not install it yet !!! some people say i should use stock air box which is better than K&N Typhoon i have !!! . The only change will be K&N replacement air filters Part 33-2432 .

I also have PCM , Belanger headers , high flow and Corsa 2.5 exhaust system

Thanks

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some people say this...some people say that...

Seems that the stock box flows pretty well. Factory did a good job on this one. Hard to get more performance from an aftermarket airfilter.

K&N people usually do a pretty good job, however, and their typhoon intake system dresses up the engine bay pretty nicely.

Viper808

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just put the Typhoon kit on my 2010 and noticed no difference..if anything it was worse than the stock airbox with the K&N flat panel..
I have NO mods on the car and dont plan too... so I will go back to the stock airbox......If you are doing Mods, exhaust , headers, porting etc. perhaps the Typhoon will help..But for stock me.. its not helping. I have less than 50 miles on the Typhoon perhaps it needs time for the computer to re-calibrate???? dont know for sure.. If anyone is looking for one I will sell for $ 300 plus shipping.. less than 50 miles on it ...and all parts are there...in perfectly new condition..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmagnuss