K&N kit

SBMIANO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thinking of purchasing a K&N filter kit for my 2009 vert. Is there any adjustments that need to be made to the computer? Someone told me (a non viper owner) that I would need to reset the computer by disconnecting the battery once I put the filter kit on. $600.00 bucks and 18 HP at the wheels sounds good.

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you talking about just the filters or the the whole housing and filter kit?

Just put the filters on and go. No PCM flash needed.

:usa:

OP
OP
S

SBMIANO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the filters and the housing. U can put the k&N rectangle stock filter for 85 bucks but this is the whole kit

seabass

Enthusiast
Reaction score
search these forums... there are differing opinions on whether or not the K&N provides any gains... it's very hard to measure without a wind tunnel I think.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just put the filters on and go. No PCM flash needed.

:usa:

search these forums... there are differing opinions on whether or not the K&N provides any gains... it's very hard to measure without a wind tunnel I think.

Ditto. The Gen 4 is not like the Gen 2 upgrade. Virtually no gain and potential CEL's.

If you must spend, do as Rob suggested.

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thinking of purchasing a K&N filter kit for my 2009 vert. Is there any adjustments that need to be made to the computer? Someone told me (a non viper owner) that I would need to reset the computer by disconnecting the battery once I put the filter kit on. $600.00 bucks and 18 HP at the wheels sounds good.

I have the airbox and filters, no lights or problems and been running it for about 2k miles
Viper_Tator_Tech_2010_Resized_13.jpg

OP
OP
S

SBMIANO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you have to agree that a huff and puff like a 8.4 l 10 cylinder has to enjoy more air. Even if ther is no gain, should be with more air intake, it looks very cool!!!!

Taz Dude

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was told by the guys at Woodhouse Performance that the stock airbox is by far better than the K&N at speed. Mark said there was much testing done and the stock box seals much better and therefore creates force at speed.

Can you put a K&N filter on a stock box?