Kenwood Navigation Installed in my 2008 SSG

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car Toys installed a Double Din Kenwood Navigation Unit (DNX 8120) in my 2008 SSG Coupe. Looks and works great. They did have to do some cutting on the car...hope my dash doesn't cave in...:rolleyes:, I guess I will drive this one a little nicer than my ACR :drive:.

Special thanks to Jon B at PartsRack...he really helped with a part for my console. THANKS BIG TIME.

Here is a picture.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Double Din Kenwood.jpg
    Double Din Kenwood.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 250

SlayTay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should have had them fill in the cup holder while they were cutting up the console! ;)
I know you dont drink, play with the touch screen, screw with bluetooth, find self on GPS and Drive at the same time.:drive:

OP
OP
C

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should have had them fill in the cup holder while they were cutting up the console! ;)
I know you dont drink, play with the touch screen, screw with bluetooth, find self on GPS and Drive at the same time.:drive:

You know how many arms us men are said to have...I am very talented.

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lawrence has eleven-teen Shiba-Inu's.
He could do everything you listed with his left hand. :D

paul tat

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks great! I love the SSG console. Did you buy it like that or did you have a shop paint your original console SSG?

OP
OP
C

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lawrence has eleven-teen Shiba-Inu's.
He could do everything you listed with his left hand. :D

Don't leave out the two Chihuahuas, Schipperke and Pomeranian (dumbest dog on earth). The Osbornes got nothing on me (except the whole money thing).

Looks great! I love the SSG console. Did you buy it like that or did you have a shop paint your original console SSG?

Car Toys reworked the panel, and I had a guy who does spot painting repairs do the panels (They are pretty good, but could be better).

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Osbornes got nothing on me (except the whole money thing).
According to the contents of your garage, you're right.
They've got a ways to go. :D

I'm waiting for above-meat-locker temps before installing the new traction components.
Haven't burned out in 5 months. Not sure I still know how to do it.
*fiddles with line lock switch*
:)

OP
OP
C

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to the contents of your garage, you're right.
They've got a ways to go. :D

I'm waiting for above-meat-locker temps before installing the new traction components.
Haven't burned out in 5 months. Not sure I still know how to do it.
*fiddles with line lock switch*
:)

Weather changes quick in Colorado...its 23 degree right now and I think it is suppose to snow today...:(

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<----from Steamboat Springs. :)

I'm curious about the aftermarket nav systems.
- How well do they work compared to the RB1/RB4?
- How are updates managed? Downloadable?

OP
OP
C

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<----from Steamboat Springs. :)

I'm curious about the aftermarket nav systems.
- How well do they work compared to the RB1/RB4?
- How are updates managed? Downloadable?

The DNX-8120 is the latest flagship DVD receiver in Kenwood's Excelon line. The DNX-8120 features built-in Garmin navigation, advanced Bluetooth wireless technology, a new customizable Graphic User Interface (GUI) and improved performance features, including 5-volt pre-amp outputs for external amplifiers and built-in Dolby and DTS audio decoders. The DNX-8120 uses a 6.95" TFT LCD touch-screen monitor and is HD Radio and Satellite Radio Ready when used with optional tuners. It also features two switches or relays for controlling external devices, such as a garage door opener, security gates or home lighting systems.

Additional Features: Kenwood Excelon DNX-8120: The built-in Garmin navigating system contains complete maps of the continental US, Hawaii, Alaska and Canada along with six-million points of interest. The receiver's built-in flash memory stores all of the navigation software so it's not necessary to swap navigation discs when traveling to a different location . The touch-screen LCD monitor is reverse tilt capable with angle memory function and the receiver has four 50-watt amplifiers with MOSFET output stage. The DNX-8120 features two A/V inputs, one A/V output, two USB interface connections and iPod Video Direct for connection and control of an iPod player.