key and paint problem, advice?

silverviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, it finally happened. Some pusillanimous toad keyed my Viper the other night. Parked in a lit and "guarded" lot while I was at dinner, and the aforementioned putrescent muckdweller added a two foot long scratch down the top of the passenger side rear quarter-panel.

Other than justifiable homicide to an unknown and ineffably foul enemy, what options do I have?

1. Pay the $1000 deductible and get it repainted?

2. Use some kind of filler and maybe this legendary Zaino of which so many seem to love?

3. Claim it as a defect in the paint and see if the dealer will fall for such a ruse?

Much saddened,
Nik

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put one on the other side and claim that they are supposed to be there?

Did it dig into the plastic?

There is a guy around here that I see at used car lots with a little air brush. He touches stuff like key marks and rock chips with this this little paint gun.
smile.gif

viperdoctor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go quickly to a paint shop you trust and pay to have them fix it.

The sooner you have it fixed, the less pain you will have -- because then it just a money issue. Right now by having the scratch to look at, it's a very memorable, personal attack.

I would try not get insurance involved, especially with a $1000 deductable. It will probably cost less than that to fix, and the last thing you want is a strike on your insurance for the few pennies you would save if it was slightly over $1000. From an insurance standpoint, a strike is a strike regardless of the severity.

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by viperdoctor:
The sooner you have it fixed, the less pain you will have -- because then it just a money issue. Right now by having the scratch to look at, it's a very memorable, personal attack.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right on the money - depersonalize asap.

Emotionally speaking, you can only wish a long, cruel and painful death on the ignorate MF that did it!

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ohhhhhh!!!! do I know the pain all to well, I'm hurting for you!! Some "wonderful" individual keyed mine about a month and a half ago. My body friend used some kind of filler ****, and buffed it out. Well, initially it looked beautiful, as good as new, however as I continue to wash it, I do see them reappearing slightly. Now someone else looking at the car would think I'm crazy, and probally not see what I see, but I KNOW they are there!!! I would suggest not to bother with insurance, go to a good body guy and them them evaluate what needs to be done. Sorry for your experience. Take care of it as soon as you can, you will feel a whole lot better!! Good luck. Have a wonderful day.
Laura
devil.gif
BURNOUT.gif

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4