Keyfob/alarm issue

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My alarm is set on my car, and the battery in my keyfob was dead. I replaced the batteries, but I cannot get the alarm to allow the car to run (starts, turns off after 2-3 sec). How do I re-sync the fob to the alarm? I know this has been posted before. I did a search, didn't find anything. 94 RT/10, in case the year matters.
Thanks for any help!

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depends on the year. You will need to beg, borrow, or steal a manual to find out............................... Or call Chuck Tator, 914-763-3136. I believe he owns a 94 too.

OP
OP
X

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a 94. I have a manual, and it tell squat about this issue! I just talked to Chuck yesterday regarding something else. I'll have to try him after the holidays.
Thanks for the reply!
M

Gheijos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, I thought you had to install the new battery into the remote when you are next to the vehicle. Then have 5-10sec to press the "arm" or "disarm" buttom. Maybe I'm wrong. Worth a try!

OP
OP
X

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still dead. I've tried new batteries in the remote, syncing up the fobs w/ the alarm, and grounding the green wire under the dash that is supposed to reset the alarm (when you ground the wire and turn the key on, the alarm light is supposed to blink, indicating you are in "program mode". My light does not blink - so I assume something is still incorrect). Still only runs for a second or 2.

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you grounded the green wire to a "confirmed" ground point and held the connection while you turned the key on and the light didn't respond, I look at swapping out the SAM/RKE modules with a buddy as a test as that's what is suspect. I assume your battery is fully charged?

OP
OP
X

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: YEAH!!!!!!! Keyfob/alarm issue resolved!!

I had an epiphany while I was out for a run last night. I thought that since I had some other issues that have been happening for a month or two, and I don't usually set my alarm, that maybe it hadn't been working for some time. I checked the 25A fuse in #10 for the alarm and cigar lighter, and it had a 20A fuse in it and was blown. I went out to buy some 25's last night, but everywhere was closed. Bought fuses this AM, replaced #10, and #4 as well (also blown). Grounded the "green wire", programmed the remotes, tested alarm. All is well. Car runs perfect! It's raining and the wind is blowing about 50MPH, so I closed up the garage for a few hours while I go to the gym.
The reason the alarm got set is because my car had been sitting for quite some time while I had that side of the garage blocked for a couple weeks with building materials, and I sent my interior to Snake Hydes around Thanksgiving. The battery was plugged into a tender, but the circuit breaker for that line in my garage was turned off (found that out when I was installing the interior). The battery got low enough to set the alarm, and I tried starting it enough times to get it in "theft" mode.
Anyway, thanks to all who responded!!! When it clears up, I'll take pics of the new interior and post.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

...also known as auto shut down mode...alarm "thinks' that an attempt to steal car has been made, "Security Alarm Module (SAM)DOES NOT SEND "OKAY" to the SBEC (Single Board Engine Controller) which then "causes the engine to stall by shutting off power to the fuel injectors".

GLAD to see that you fixed it Mark !!!

Magicboy2

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Interesting. This very well could have been the issue with my car a few weeks ago when it was start/stalling. How long does it take for "theft mode" to disengage? Does doing the two-button re-sync help?

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Two button resync only tells the alarm module to accept commands from that particular FOB.

The theft mode (fuel cut off) never times out. It must be commanded off via FOB input.

Magicboy2

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I see. Then it appears my problem was a little deeper than that, as I was still start/stalling even after hitting the button on my FOB, and hearing the faint "click" that it registered. Furthermore, I knew my alarm was off because it didn't sound the horn when I opened the doors. Yet still, the car was stalling itself out many times before actually starting.

Isolated incident though.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper