keyless remote reprogram, sync?

whts-nxt?

Viper Owner
Reaction score
First off i have done several searches and with no satisfying luck. I dont post much because usually my question has already been answered in another post. I have finally got my viper goin so i bought a key fob from chrysler and tried to sync or program the fob or transmitter and with no luck. What are you supposed to do when you dont have another key fob to program an extra? I have an 2003 vert. I have yet to get any response with it and it hasnt chimed yet to signal its ready for sync. I hate to care it to the dealer unless there is no other absolute option. Anybody had something like this that actually worked for them? In the mean time i will be pulling my hair out until this is resolved....... thanks in advance for any info... Wes

Sonoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I checked the 2003 Service Manual and it only has instructions for programming a new transmitter using an existing transmitter to set-up the system into programming mode. Makes sense since they don't want anyone with a new key fob to steal your car! They do give instructions to re-synch a working transmitter that has lost track of the rolling code: "Hold both the Lock and Unlock buttons down for a period of 5 to 10 seconds. The car will acknowledge a successful synchronization with a horn chirp."
This won't help you with a new transmitter fob, though. Dealer or locksmith may be required in this case, unfortunately.

OP
OP
W

whts-nxt?

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Called the nearest dealership which is like 30 mins away and they told me " sir we didnt buy the viper program when it came out so we cant reprogram your car" . That is awsome.