Keys in car and I'm locked out!!

vipernate

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keys in car and I\'m locked out!!

Somehow locked the doors with the keys in, with a 98 RT/10 and the alarm is on and I am locked out!!! What can be done to open the doors? Battery is still good. Thanks!

TomH

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Keys in car and I\'m locked out!!

Happened to me too, I unhooked the battery under the hood at the jumper point and the doors unlocked when I hooked up the power again

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What can be done to open the doors?

You must be registered for see images

Just kidding, I also recommend the battery disconnect. That worked for me also.

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score

No kidding! And that's why I don't like parking it out of sight when I have to be somewhere for a long time.

Silver Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You are still gonna have to deal with the alarm going off though as soon as you pop the hood.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Happened to me too, I unhooked the battery under the hood at the jumper point and the doors unlocked when I hooked up the power again

Be VERY careful taking the nut off at the jump point!! If you twist the stud in the PDC, YOU WILL be buying a harness worth $2200.00 and also about 5 hours of labor!! :eek: :mad:

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Be VERY careful taking the nut off at the jump point!! If you twist the stud in the PDC, YOU WILL be buying a harness worth $2200.00 and also about 5 hours of labor!! :eek: :mad:

PDC??

Primary Domain Controller??

Since when did Vipers run Windows Server??

:eek:

Jay K.

prodiver

VCA Member
Reaction score

On my 95 the ignition key is also the trunk key. Right after I bought the car I locked the keys in the trunk around 10pm. If I did this at home I probably would have drilled the lock out myself but since I was about 50 miles away I called a locksmith. I figured he would show up drill out my trunk lock (I didn't like that idea at all) charge me a couple hundred dollars and I would have to buy a new trunk lock. This guy showed up within 45 minutes driving a van with a computer in it. He pulled out a couple of wires that were attached to the computer and stuck them in the trunk lock and then made a key from the computer readout. He handed me the key and I unlocked the trunk. I ask him about his computer and he said it works for ignition keys and door locks on almost any vehicle. He said he could make a key for just about any type of lock if he had the right kind of blank. My first thought was what if the bad guys got one of these machines. He said that they are very common but to have one and use it that there are a number of restrictions to prevent them from being used illegally. He also said it is kind of like having a cell phone stolen.
If it is stolen you just report it and the machine is made inoperable. I thought 2 or 3 hundred dollars to have the key made and no damage to my trunk would not be an unreasonable price to pay for the key especially since I didn't need to buy a new trunk lock. He charged me $95.00 and also gave me an extra key and told me to send the bill to my insurance company. I didn't think my insurance company would pay for my own stupidity but they did.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score

For those with RT/10's and keys locked in the trunk - there is actually a very easy and non-invasive way to get into the trunk. In keeping with this secret that was passed along to me in a similar fashion - PM and I will provide the details to you.

Kiaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Go to Dodge dealership, show photo ID and something (insurance card, warranty card, etc) with your name and the VIN number. Walla, new key for $13. I had two copies made, keep one in wallet and the other at home.

charlesj

Enthusiast
Reaction score

secrets... i feel like i am being left out, :( but i understand viper bros.

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This happened to me, and some other weird stuff like the radio gong in and out. Chuck had to end up doing a sh*t load of work on the harness. There were frayed wires he found and he had to replace the door lock mechanism. This goes back a couple of years.

AC

IL96RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score

pm me the secret I only have one key to my viper and always worried i will lock it in the trunck b/c I put all my stuff in trunk when I park it and that it like 3-4 times a day