KUMHO Observations after 500 miles.......

MR VENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Bite" like ****. Kumhoooole shots. No rock damage, only occasionally hear some "hits" inside of fender-well. Did put some 3M Scotchcal on as a precaution, but would not have needed it (so far). Been on some "twisty" canyon roads, freeways, local streets. Do not track the car. No problems. Will update later on how they wear.

Mr U-2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please keep us advised. I'm undecided between Kumho's and Hoosiers for AX...most board guys recommend Hoosier but the SCCA guys I do AX with say Kumhos work best on the airport surface we use..been running OME and I need the couple extra seconds I think I can get w Hoosiers or Kumhos...I'll stay tuned. :usa:

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The hoosiers in autocross spec(there are aso3 as opposed to rso3 ) will simply blow away any other dot tire on a aut ox. check out grassroots motorsports for their tire tests they did a short time ago. Road race, or auto X ,if you have the cash, there is no equal to the hoosier. Wait until the new compound comes out & it will be even better. If you are running Khumos you must shave them for top performance.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Simple answer;
1.Not driving on the street,just using the cars for the track = Hoosiers.
2. Driving to the track with the only tires and rims in my possession = Kumhos.

Alternate tire is the World Chanllenge Series Spec Tire ( Toyo RA1s ),as they will
last longer than the above, and be pretty good on the street for wear.

Two sets of rims, the Hoosiers are the way to go, though I recommend RoadRace compound even if your primary focus is Autocrossing - Snake torque is a tire fryer.

Mr U-2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks again Bill...I guess I'll wait until after the Poconos Adv RR School this month and pony up for the Hoosiers & Rims...Paul :usa:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc