Lee Dodge Viper service

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would just like to say thank you to Mike the Viper tech at Lee Dodge in Farmingdale NY for taking care of my Viper I brought in for servicing yesterday. Not only is Mike knowledgable as hell, but he is also a very nice person. He spent a lot of time with me going over my car, pointing out things that might need need some attention but not pushing any repair or fix. As I purchased the car used and it is a '98 I wanted to feel comfortable with the wiring, hoses and fluids that they all were tip top shape for the winter and beyond. I elected to have many of the items changed and was vey pleased with the work and Mike's professionalism. It is obvious that Mike loves Vipers and working on them which he does very well. I would feel comfortable having Mike do any work on my car.

I am new here but just a cursory reading of the posts has indicated that there is some bad blood between some Viper dealers and tech's and I am certainly not making a comment or judgement on one over another but just stating my personal experience which was very positive at Lee.

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use to go to Paramus Dodge and then I met Mike and over the years we became close friends. He services both of my vipers. I had nothing but positive experience with Mike and like you said ViperJon he has a passion for the car but then again how can you not. Take care and enjoy your holidays. *** BLK (Adrian Byrd)

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One time I took my first 98 RT/10 for service at supposedly knowledgable viper dealer. The so called Viper tech says to me, I never changed the oil on one of these yet, where's the hood latch. I then said thanks but no thanks and pulled the car quickly out of there. Good thing Mike is in our area. I have to say Mike's mechanical prowess is unsurpassed. For the most part Mike knows every part on this car and can tackle any challenge. Mike has been able to diagnose and repair problems that Viper owners couldn't have fixed elsewhere from so called Viper techs. Its great having a Viper expert in our backyard.

OP
OP
P

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One time I took my first 98 RT/10 for service at supposedly knowledgable viper dealer. The so called Viper tech says to me, I never changed the oil on one of these yet, where's the hood latch. I then said thanks but no thanks and pulled the car quickly out of there. Good thing Mike is in our area. I have to say Mike's mechanical prowess is unsurpassed. For the most part Mike knows every part on this car and can tackle any challenge. Mike has been able to diagnose and repair problems that Viper owners couldn't have fixed elsewhere from so called Viper techs. Its great having a Viper expert in our backyard.

That is an interesting point. You can buy a Viper at any five star Dodge dealer and yet most of them are incapable of properly servicing it? I thought all dealers that sold Vipers had to have a Viper tech on staff. So in the entire Long Island and NY area there are only two guys that are recommended. You could find 50 brain surgeons but only two Viper techs. :) That's an exclusive club.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its scary how many dealers consider themselves viper rated and they have absolutely NO darn clue.

thats why when ya find a good tech, ya NEVER leave them.

LIRacer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I add my praise. Mike is a proffesional. I will be letting Mike do the upgrades I am planning once the weather gets too bad to drive. :2tu: