LeMans 24h special edition

Rainer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
In Italy i found a Gen3 which look like the Commemorative Edition cars.
But it is definitley not a Commemorative Edition!
Die blue stripes are not painted - the are foiled.
The mid-console is painted white and not silvergrey as the CE cars are.
The seats are stitched with white yarn.
Curios is the look at the vehicles option list.
The option list tells the code "4BCA" which means "Marketing / Public Relations Vehicle"
This option was registerd by dealer - (US not Italian)
Just would like to know if this was realy a Chrysler/Dodge public relations vehicle
or if this colourcombo was done by the (pre)previous owner.
Although the italian licensepapers shows the name of the pre-preowner he is not reachable...

here are some pics

You must be registered for see images
[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I'm saying is many people mistake the painted stripes for vinyl. The painted stripes on those cars have a very defined edge to them.

OP
OP
R

Rainer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
O.K. Indeed it is painted. Only the very small grey line between blue and white is a kind of tape and noticeable higher than the paint.
But the mid console is white and not silvergrey. And there is no emblem "Nr. XX of 200" on the console. So it can't be an original CE.
Just curios about that "4BCA" Code in the option list ("Marketing / Public Relations Vehicle") and want to know
if Chrysler did that colour combo with the 24h LeMans signs on it - or some previous owner.....

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say someone put the stickers for Lemans on the car. There doesn't appear to be a dash plaque which I would assume it would have if produced by Dodge. I doubt it started life as a mamba. Too much work to change interior.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you done a carfax on the car? Do you know if the car was imported by a dealer? I presume the car is in Europe?

I'm wondering if the dealer added the stickers and sold it as a special?

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Got a VIN, I can check my data when I get home. Kind of figured someone else would chime in.

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
The VIN is: 1B3JZ65Z65V500017

As strange as it sounds, I show the original Color was Viper Red Clear Coat, Has a Michigan sold code and was drop shipped (no dates with the info I have)

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Can verify the car was originally red, but was sold to an individual in Michigan, but showing a direct sale. These are super rare, so there is a chance the car was sold to a Chrysler Employee and redone prior to the sale. It has had a couple of owners, but rarely do you see Vipers without a Dealer name, so there is always a chance. Will send a memo to a friend to see if any other data could come up?

OP
OP
R

Rainer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for your info!
I already know that the car originaly was red.
But i tried to find out, when/where the car got the colour change.
Was it done in the USA - maybe by an US-Dealer/owner, or was it done by a previous italian owner?
What also is interessting, that the seats are full leather - even on the seat cushion surface - where normaly is velours/alcantara. And they are white stitched.
Here a screenshot from the option list.

[/URL][/IMG]

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This could have been the car they used for pictures/marketing the commemorative editions cars. If so, that is very cool. I would have assumed it would have been sent to the crusher, however, since it wasn't a test mule, perhaps it could have been sold.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't they do a limited run of this car just like the Ram SRT-10 trucks with the same paint scheme?

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It shows that it was sold , though that can not be divulged due to the Privacy Act. Am trying to check on other information from a couple of sources, but someone has to possibly know the first owner. Good chance it was done prior, but let's wait and see what may develop?

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
They were similar , Jeff,but the Commemorative Edition had a silver surround bezel and a few other items ( piece in the rear fascia if I remember correctly) . It also did not have white seats , but hopefully we will get an answer from the questions thrown out?

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
They were similar , Jeff,but the Commemorative Edition had a silver surround bezel and a few other items ( piece in the rear fascia if I remember correctly) . It also did not have white seats , but hopefully we will get an answer from the questions thrown out?

Thank You Bill

Sorry, I got crossed up, I was answering post #16 and was just considering the White with Blue Stripes.

Jeff

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It may have been the first of the Commemorative Editions for the special edition to be done, but have almost 75% assurance this car was done by Prefix and it could be legit. Though I can not list the first owner due to the Privacy Act, he does work for Chrysler and folks are fairly sure about the car's history. Will get some more info and there may even be some film footage, so will see what else we may able to find out, but good chance it is a the prototype for the Commemorative Edition ( or gave everyone the idea). Will post when I find out more.

Actually if the gentleman who has it could send me all the pictures he as to my email, I could forward them farther down the line.

[email protected]

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill, isn't it typical that the "pilot" of a model slightly different that the production versions? That may explain the stitching and different color console.