Lemans Facia

TCMViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i am about to order the lemans facia for my 95 rt/10 have read mixed reviews on it .....i guess i would like to know ....would you do it?:dunno:

okloneranger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you like it do it. What are the negatives? What will you gain by doing it? You will still have the original facia won't you?:dunno:

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the facia installed on my old 99 GTS and it is a pain in the ---. The product is not smooth and requires a lot of sanding and filling in before painting. Then the fit needs spacers to align right and a lot of adjusting to align with the hood. After a ton of money at the body shop to get it right it was really cool looking though. It really sets your car apart from the others and I got tons of compliments. I added the optional splitter too but its kind of flimsy and chips easy as does the facia since they are both just fiberglass and not CF. Its a huge cost and headache but may be worth it for some.

Attachments

• 100_0119.jpg
    100_0119.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it was a shame Autoform did not make the lights bigger and have the clear covers over them like on the real GTSR cars :(
But if your going with the full le mans look it should look ok :2tu:

Mark
:uk:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't like the lights. Looking like a 24hr race car is OK, unless you prefer the beauty as it was designed. The lights don't add to the look.

Looks are a matter of opinion and it sounds like you're on the fence?

I have seen my nose completely out of shape at least twice Stock returns to shape, f'glas probably won't

Ted

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best looking mod for any Gen 1 or 2 viper, anyone that says otherwise has yet to see one in person or is dillusional.

Is it a pain in the ass to install and fit right? Hell yes, it will cost you more to install than the actual parts.

Is it expensive? Yes, will cost you about 6k installed if your lucky enough to have one that fits well from the factory. Mine fit like crap from the get go and required a lot of work for me to consider it a good fit.

Oh and the huge mouth looks fantastic with an intercooler.

And last but not least, please don't get it the last thing I want is more vipers with it. What makes it look so good is the fact that its very unique.

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No - and I'm an appreciator of all things racing.

To my eye it just looks bad but I have yet to see one in person. My opinion might change - but I doubt it.

The original was styled with great care by folks that went to art school for years. The LeMan's unit was designed by a guy that was told to 'add more lights'.

That's my opinion - yours may differ.

Greg

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine was of good quality, Dan's Auto did all the work prepping and painting.
As far as I know, he did not curse too much.

He also cut a thick aluminum plate under the facia. Its bolted and glued on. I have hit fist sized rocks with it at over 120... No damage.
485.jpg

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine was of good quality, Dan's Auto did all the work prepping and painting.
As far as I know, he did not curse too much.

He also cut a thick aluminum plate under the facia. Its bolted and glued on. I have hit fist sized rocks with it at over 120... No damage.
485.jpg

GREAT PICTURE! I'm bored with pictures of Vipers in a park.

Question. Where does the air from the roof scoop go to - or is it only cosmetic?

Greg

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the roof scoop also but they are only cosmetic as opposed to the Oreca cars. They are supposed to sit immediately behind the upper windshield too. The Oreca/French made cars facia were also CF and wider than oem units. VERY expensive too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery