Less than 115 Coupes available

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Doesn't mean much, but received some interesting info today. There are less than 115 '06 Coupes left, not counting the 18 White/blue still out there. Pretty good sell down...from the 800+ produced. Also, October was the highest Viper sales month since '03...with 196 units sold. The Germany trip and good prices stimulated sales I'm sure. You can look at ebay and see the Coupe supply drying up. In September, an average of 34 coupes were for sale. This month....8.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think those who want a coupe have already gotten it. The 115 will be hard to sell considering the 08's will be announced soon. If the 08 is similar in spec, looks, or +$100k, those 115 will sell well. BUT if the specs kill the current model, better looks and around the same price, you'll see those 115 sit in dealer lots for a looong time.

OP
OP
V

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think those who want a coupe have already gotten it. The 115 will be hard to sell considering the 08's will be announced soon. If the 08 is similar in spec, looks, or +$100k, those 115 will sell well. BUT if the specs kill the current model, better looks and around the same price, you'll see those 115 sit in dealer lots for a looong time.

Over 100 sold in the last 30 days. The last 2 months have seen sales of almost 200 Coupes. They will be long gone before the '08'***** the streets in May at best case.

03gobluecobra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed, these cars will be gone before the 08's have a chance to significantly influence sales.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Over 100 sold in the last 30 days. The last 2 months have seen sales of almost 200 Coupes. They will be long gone before the '08'***** the streets in May at best case.

We'll see... there's a reason why there were no announcements at VOI.

OP
OP
V

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score

We'll see... there's a reason why there were no announcements at VOI.

That is one of the reasons they didn't announce...but a secondary one. By Mid-January, you should see less than 50 Coupes left, on the high side. There are dealers who are still trying to get big $$...and that is why there are 115 left now. The last 50 will be slow to sell...but when spring hits and there is no '08 yet, they will go away. The old supply and demand thing. It will be a long long time(never) where you could buy a new Viper at the prices out there right now. Buy hey...we will soon see. I will keep you posted on the monthly sales. :)

Reaction score
The remaining cars will be gone in a flash. Who wants to wait for an 08 when you can drive a new coupe today? If you are still around when the comes out then buy it and keep or sell the 06!

SteveT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
viper585 - Thanks for the interesting numbers.

warfang - I was originally going to wait until the 2012 model, I heard they are going to come with a flux capacitor, but just could not wait any longer. :D

Stray Cat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I know is this -

I just went to a Dodge dealer here in Ohio where they have a 2006 Black with Silver Stripes with the Five Spoke Wheels. The 06 Black Coupe is, IMHO, one of the most beautiful and striking factory automobiles ever built. I had slobber all over me....It was just stunning....

I love my Copperhead SRT-10, but the Black Coupe takes this car to an entirely different level. Stunning.

John

OP
OP
V

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anyone know the numbers for the convertables??

Well....I got a best guess estimate today. "Around" 400 Verts unsold...but that includes '05's as well. 250 was the "best guess" on '06 Verts unsold. The last 20 are awaiting transport to dealers as we speak.

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Cat,
I've seen a good # of coupes in person, but no black/silver stripes. I've got to think they just look menacing..