Let the nail biting begin...

Socrates

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, guys, it has been a tough week, but in less than 24 hours, I should be the new owner of a brand new 05' Silver Mamba. Mike Robbins at Ringgold gave me a deal that I simply couldn't turn down (which is where my ACR was originally purchased). After a week (actually much, much longer than that) of mulling the idea of a trade up to a Gen. III for my 01' Bumblebee ACR, I've decided it is time to move on. This has been my third GTS, and the evolution and allure of the SRT has been too much for me to ignore. I absolutely love my GTS, and despite its shortcomings, I'd love to keep both, but at the moment I just can't, as I also have a Prowler and only a two car garage to boot.

So, as I wait for the trailer to pull up to take my beloved GTS away for good, I can't help but wonder if better things are to come with the SRT, and whether I made the right decision (I think I have). :crazy: It's been a great 5 years with all 3 GTS's, I wouldn't take back a second of it.

Cheers,
-Justyn

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're in Lakeland with a BumbleBee??? Heck, I'm only a few minutes away in Valrico. We should have had a cruise with our contrasting Yellow GTS's. Let me know when the new ride arrives. If I didn't have my cooling system smeared all around my garage, I'd cruise over for the sad departure of your BumbleBee.

OP
OP
S

Socrates

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, just around the corner. There are a few Viper guys around here as well (with both Gen. 2's and 3's) - we should all get together some time for a cruise.

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Went through the same thing. It will hurt for a little while. The SRT is eaiser to live with. You will like the drop top. In the fall. ;) A little hot down there now?

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats!

You'll love the SRT/10, and driving down the road you'll feel like a famous pro golfer, rather than a rock star:)

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
"Brand new '05"?? where's it been sitting all this time?

Suprisingly there are more new 05's and even a few new 04's out there. My dealer up the street where I got my new 05 this week, has 1 04 new, and 4 more new 05's.

And by the way, congrats on the new purchase. I love mine, but dont have a GTS to compare to. Enjoy the ride with the top down, its great.

valentine_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats on your new SRT. You'll love it.

First order of business; get a reflashed computer from DC Performance. The improvement over stock is amazing!

Good luck and happy motoring.

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"First order of business; get a reflashed computer from DC Performance. The improvement over stock is amazing!" from valentine viper

Ditto

OP
OP
S

Socrates

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on your new SRT. You'll love it.

First order of business; get a reflashed computer from DC Performance. The improvement over stock is amazing!

Good luck and happy motoring.

That was my next question: what "minor" mods can I initially do that will give me a substantial increase (such as smooth tubes with my GTS)? Is the K&N intake system worth it?

Only a few short hours away until Mamba time.... :nana:

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I've done so far is lower the seat an inch and shorten the shifter. Everything else is "Tip Top":)

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)

valentine_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That was my next question: what "minor" mods can I initially do that will give me a substantial increase (such as smooth tubes with my GTS)? Is the K&N intake system worth it?

Only a few short hours away until Mamba time.... :nana:

[/QUOTE]

I don't have the K&Ns, but from what I have read, they do very little if anything on a stock Viper. Some folks are using "green filters" in conjunction with the stock airbox and that may give you a few extra horses.

For the money, the DC Performance reflash is by far the best bet on an otherwise stock Viper. Plus, it can be swapped back out with the original computer in a matter of minutes to protect your warrantee. Cheapest horsepower you can buy and it just makes the car run so much better overall.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4