Little Local Car Show - XM Radio

vvvviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi: It's been a while since I've been on the board and I'd like to say that that I like the "new look" of the home page and how well you can now navigate some of the features. Good job guys.

Have also missed some recent smack, much of which was apparently locked or deleted, and has lead to at least one person leaving the board. Always hate to hear that. - It's just a place to meet people and exchange ideas, right?

Car show scene down here is kinda interesting and being a newbie to Viper ownership (approaching a year now)I just kinda take it all in. "Sponge" to coin a term. Well, maybe that's not the right word.
You must be registered for see images

Occasionally, I'll go to one of the smaller local shows at Craby Jacks in Pompano. (close to Lighthouse Point, where my folks live and where I wash and wax my car) The show draws mostly classic cars, lot of 50s some 60s, with some 70s muscle mixed in and the occasional SVT car although most of the Fords you'll see there are like right out of the movie "Bullit."

Alright, alright I don't just go there just for the cars..the waitresses and female bar staff are ******** clad, the brews are cold and usually there's a decent sporting event on their numerous TVs. Rustic place but fun. Only complaint is the crane game with the lobsters. That's cruel.

When I go to this show I usually park my car on the end because the center aisles fill up and then you end up blocked in, unless you're on the end. My RT-10 is my daily driver and April rain showers have kept one of two tops usually on my car.

Last Sunday I parked my Viper and went to take a leisurely walk inside, get a little chatty and grab a beverage of choice. Ten minutes later I come out and there's an ACR parked right next to me! To get the spot next to me....or for that matter to see another Viper at this show at all is unusual.

I check the car out from the outside and the first thing that strikes me is an unusual "block" that he's got jammed in between the top of the rear glass and the roof. (can't really see it in the pic) Turns out later I learn this is the antenna for XM Satellite radio.

His car is sweet, although light on the mods.(like mine) Like myself he's also got alot of MGW goodies inside. I particularly liked the side sills which were chromed. (all the way up and down) Who does that deal? Under the hood, I have to assume filters and tubes are stock with his car. He cranked it up and told me he had the subexhaust. Sounded pretty good but I think I still want the corsa (and the gears) Other than that the cars were similar, although you gotta love the rims on the ACR.

Then he turned on the Satellite Radio. The digital clearness cut thru the air like a knife. Even the DJ in the Van spinning oldies had to turn his tunes down. The XM was loud! It was super clear, and it's commercial free. A week later, yep....keeping up with the Grand Turisimos...I've got XM in my RT-10. Best antenna mounting area: Inside the cockpit infront of the rear "glass." Pics of location to follow.

I've been to the Tower Shops show and the Fudruckers show (gathering) a few times but if you're ever up in North Broward or Palm Beach County, stop in at this little local show. It's alot of fun. Thanks for letting me share my story.

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please post your pics of your xm setup.
I am considering it.
And include details.
did you use the alpine xm setup or some other brand?
how was the install, etc, etc.

thanks
JIM

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte