Locked out

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure how to fix your problem, short of removing the battery for a while...which would fix it easy...but I really want to know what color your RT is...not many RT's made in 1997, as you probably know...

Jack

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, let's see, it used to be blue/white, that's before someone stole it while it was sitting in front of my house. Just kidding - I'm trying to maintain a sense of humor.
The doors are locked up, the motor won't turn over, and there is a constant clicking about once per second while the battery is hooked up. I tried disconnecting the battery for a hour, the off-accessory 4-time thing, also holding down both buttons on the fob for 5 seconds. Still nothing. I hope it didn't fry the alarm module or something although I'm beginning to think so. I'd love to hear any other ideas.

Thanks,
Jack Janney

Don

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope you got it started up Jack. I forgot about the key hole in the glove box that Jerry mentioned. That should get you pulled into the garage. It was great chatting with you and your friend today. Take care of that ankle!

Jack

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Don,
We got it pushed back into the garage. Then I read Gerald's suggestion about a dead battery. Since I put a new battery in 2 months ago, I was skepital, but went out and checked anyway. You guessed it. I keep a battery tender on it and it was showing fully charged before I got ready to take it out this morning, so the battery must have gone bad.
I really hate that I missed such a nice day for cruising. The temp today in Colorado Springs hit 70 degrees. Probably the nicest day for top-down cruising we'll see for the next 3 months. Gerald, thanks for the suggestion.

Jack

Jack

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just found out first hand how to lock up the alarm system, door openers. Try hitting the lock on the keyfob with the driver's door open. At least, I think that's what happened.
Who's had to deal with this problem and what did you do to fix it.

Thanks for your help

Jack Janney
'97 RT-10

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc