Looking for a Gen 1 Top..

Discussion in 'RT/10 and GTS Discussions' started by Cookieman00x, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Cookieman00x

Cookieman00x Enthusiast

Picked up a 93 Viper last weekend... Missing the windows and top... Found some Vipermania windows now I just need to find a top.. PM me if you have something for sale.

Thanks

2. DJ'sviper

DJ'sviper Viper Owner

I have a 93. I bought a top from autoform. It looks great. The window slide in the front for access to door handle. I have an extra top. I don't know if it will fit with your viper mania windows. Have an extra pair of canvas windows. I have the original canvas folding top. I put on new exhaust from Borlo. loud but could feel the difference in power. Have all the original equipment that came with the car including bra, interior cover etc. IMG_4547.JPG

3. redtanrt10

redtanrt10 Viper Owner

DJ, if you can part with that canvas top please let me know I'd like to buy it thanks, Mike

[email protected]

4. Cookieman00x

Cookieman00x Enthusiast

Just found a top on ebay... got it for a steal...

5. GRANGER73

GRANGER73 Viper Owner

What’s a steal?

6. Shaggy

Shaggy Enthusiast Staff Member

Yeah, what's a steal. :D

7. Cookieman00x

Cookieman00x Enthusiast

650 shipped for a brand new OEM soft top from a 95...

8. redtanrt10

redtanrt10 Viper Owner

What was the ebay item number?? I just missed one on ebay at $1,600, post the item # of the one for $650 shipped.

9. Peter K.

Peter K. Viper Owner

Years ago I posted the difference with the various gen1 tops. I have several tops. The side arms on the 95 are different from the 93 but you still should be able to get it on the car. The rubber for the side windows are not correct but, again, you could make it work with early window. The windshield curve on the top is different on the 92 and 93. I have both. The 93 top leaves about an inch gap,meaning air comes gussing in.
    I was able to get a pair of 94/95 side arms on a 92 top with some mods. BUT, I have never knocked it down and folded it yet. So, currently, I have a frankentop on the car now. A mix of early and later top parts but it work and lets me preserve the like-new ones I have.
    BE CAREFUL, don't break the side arms. Treat that top like it is glass.

10. GRANGER73

GRANGER73 Viper Owner

The primary reason the 92-early 93 tops are categorized by themselves is that their front latch had a roll pin instead of the flat metal "pad" that was used from late 93-94 and up. Swapping for correct latches will fix that. With the exception of different front latches, 92-96 tops are interchangeable. As for the windows, the design didn’t change (material changed in ‘93) until ‘96 when the sliders were introduced. The gap in the ‘93 it’s likely a front latch issue. If the latch is too long, it won’t seat properly. Typically the side arms don’t break. The rear bar breaks where the side arm connects. Side atms? All you want for $250.00 each.

11. Cookieman00x

Cookieman00x Enthusiast

Peter and Granger .. Thanks alot for the information. These latches on my top are in fact the "pad" style and I noticed a bit of a fitment issue.

I found a set of the pin style and ordered them, we will see how it fits then.

Again, thanks for the info.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018 at 3:46 PM