looking for a good bodyshop in Va area

Nates GTS Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 96 GTS and was wanting to get some ideas on how much it would run to get it repainted with the stripes and have a better quality of paint than the factory. The paint still looks pretty good but I think its got hard over time causing it to crack. A rock chip in the front actually has the paint around it pulled up like you could catch it with a rag and peel it off and a spot in the rocker and above the rocker in front of the tire have small cracks where it looks like you could use your fingernail to pick it off. I'm carefull around them when cleaning and they aren't noticable exept up close but just incase it get to bad I wanted to have an idea on how much it cost to have a Viper painted with stripes. If you know please let me know or recomend a body shop so I could call and check. Thanks
Nathan

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What part of Virginia?

I'd say you are probably looking in the $8 - 10K range. Car should be taken apart for repaint.

OP
OP
N

Nates GTS Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks at least now i can have some sort of idea. i live in fauquier county in warrenton.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I talked to the body shop that Chuck Tator outsources all of his paint/bodywork to. For a complete repaint of the car, they guesstimated around $10K. Prices here would probably be pretty similar.

Ken Lally

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Nate, when I did my paint, I learned something, if you go someplace in the boonies, where there is really low shop overhead, you'll get just as good quality paint work as a place local where you'd pay alot more.

Something to think about-

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Nate, when I did my paint, I learned something, if you go someplace in the boonies, where there is really low shop overhead, you'll get just as good quality paint work as a place local where you'd pay alot more.

Something to think about-

Just make sure they have a good paint room or you'll end up with contaminants in the paint. Sometimes you do get what you pay for, I'd ask to see some of their work regardless of who you choose or where you go.

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I talked to the body shop that Chuck Tator outsources all of his paint/bodywork to. For a complete repaint of the car, they guesstimated around $10K. Prices here would probably be pretty similar.

I have seen the work that this shop does and its FIRST CLASS..... even have some pics to show they took the car apart....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine