Looking for a new wax

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been using Zaino for a while and I like the wax and the detailer, but i am running out and do not want to order it. I have used nxt and like it, but do not like the detailer. I would like to pop into advance auto or auto zone and get a high quality 1 step wax and detailer. Suggestions appreciated.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i use spray on detailer, wax, yaba yaba yaba- quick and easy- car glows all the time- quick and easy- i buy any good name brand......:1up:

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is a hobby of mine trying different car care products and I have tried just about EVERYTHING and have to say I always end up back with Zaino. I have not found a product yet that compares with Zaino when it comes to ease of application, looks and durability. Everything else will usually be missing at least one of the 3 things I mentioned.

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel the same about Zaino, but recently tried Adam's and been as happy as with Zaino....not too bad on the wallet either, easy to apply and take off...my $.02

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love my Adam's products. I have tried all kinds of brands over the years and have never been as happy as I am with the Adam's line.

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meguiar's Clay, Ultimate Polish and Ultimate Wax. Awesome results and easy to work with. Absolutely no smearing and easy to apply.

Didn't like the NXT2.0 because it streaked like crazy.

jman2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like "turbo wax" . No affiliation but it's easy on and easy off and it shines like hell , even after a few rainstorms and 2 months later on!

Jman

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the best detail spray out there is Adam's followed closely by Mequires Ultimate Quick Wax and Meguire's Ultimate Quick Detailer. The best quick wax by far is Jax Wax liquid carnuba wax. For a long lasting shine and easy on and off it's Adam's All American Carnuba. Try them all and see what you think.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I've tried Zaino, Pinnacle, Adam's Americana, and TurboWax. Always come back to Pinnacle Souveran on my Kandy Red Serpent. Since it's a carnuba, durability is less than the others - but if you want your Viper to POP - Pinnacle is it! I am constantly amazed at how many people will stop and stare at the finish when I put on a fresh coat. There is usually a buy one, get one free in the fall which takes away some of the pain of the expensiveness of the Pinnacle.

So for the people that use detailing spray - what do you do to remove the dust prior to using the detail spray? I do need to try Adam's detail spray as that name seems to come up most often.

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are only so many chemicals and formulations out there. I have been waxing cars for decades and like many convince myself that the latest is the greatest.

Used lots of Zaino, Meguires, $200/jar Zymol, Banana wax-- you name it.

My conclusion. Wash your car OFTEN. Use a good polish/wax and you will look as good as anyone else at the car show.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Malm's is the best group of polishes and waxes I have ever tried. Unbelievable shine. Check out their website. Reminds me... I need to get some more.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have tried most everything, hated Zaino, liked NXT, not crazy about Zymol.....all in the trash now. ADAMS has replaced all of my other products.

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have two big bins of old detailing products I've tried over the years. In the bins are Pinnacle, Zaino, Zymol, etc.

I bought a detail kit about 6 years ago from Adam at a local show and have been using his products since. We ended up buying so much product, he called me up and told me I had to become a dealer. I've been a dealer for 2 years and love the products! They work so well and are so easy to use. Unlike Zaino, I can be finished in a few hours. Zaino just has too many steps for me.

MODRATOR EDIT NO LINKS PLEASE

OP
OP
M

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bit the bullet and bougt some Meguires Ultimate paste wax and ultimate quik detailer. It is the first paste wax I have used in a long time and probably the last. It came with a black micro fiber towel. What a pita to get off. The towel gummed up pretty quick. It looked great in the end, but I will use a liquid wax next time. I went back over it with the quik detaler and it helped it some. I know that it would probably look better with Zaino and would have been easier to remove, but it is done now and I am pretty happy. Thanks for all the input.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
WAX ON, WAX OFF.

Sounds like you may have done too large a section and waited a bit too long to get the wax off. Temp, humidity, sun, etc have a real effect on dry time. Only time I have had any issues with any waxes is when I waited to long to buff out the wax. Even a liquid wax if left on for too long will be more difficult to remove. When all else fails - check the directions as every wax/polish has it's own recommended dry times.

What about the results?

OP
OP
M

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WAX ON, WAX OFF.

Sounds like you may have done too large a section and waited a bit too long to get the wax off. Temp, humidity, sun, etc have a real effect on dry time. Only time I have had any issues with any waxes is when I waited to long to buff out the wax. Even a liquid wax if left on for too long will be more difficult to remove. When all else fails - check the directions as every wax/polish has it's own recommended dry times.

What about the results?

Results were good. You can see in SRT forum at New 2010 SSG ACR.

viper067

Enthusiast
Reaction score
unless your paint is really abused, they all look really good over 100 mph :headbang:

That being said, I like the pinnacle souveran ... as someone pointed out the 2 for 1 deal should be approaching. When my supply runs out I will probably try Adams as everything else I use is theirs

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It took me a while before I tried Adam's Americana, but now that I have, everything else is collecting dust

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Adam's here as well. I have other products in the detailing bag, but as I run out, I replace it with the equivalent Adam's produt.

shine

Viper Owner
Reaction score
5 layers of Pinnacle Souveran netted me a Concours 2nd place.

Never tried Adams, but their stuff looked higher-priced to me, on their website.

I've had Griots catalogs for a while, but never tried it either.

Zaino makes me feel like I have to have a degree in chemistry to get right (with their little bottles for mixing accelerant/hardener)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456