Looking for New Chrome Tips for Side Exhaust

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score
Jut Hooked up the car with Belangers and Roe Side Exhaust,I am looking for some chrome Tips to finish the look, I have seen the ZAF ones but looking for others, anyone ........?

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the ZAF tips, but did not really like them. They were also only 2,5" diameter. I wanted a 3" diameter exhaust, so I went with these tips.
You can find them at any redneck gas station, for about 25 bucks. Chrome, rolled tip. We cut them short and welded to the exhaust.

I like the overall rounded appearance, fits well with the car...

3114DSCN1643-med.JPG

3114DSCN1660-med.JPG

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
From the Gen 3 board - Problems with Corsa Exhaust post - showed these new tips built by Bullet Exhaust. I am in the process right now of completing my custom exhaust and I will be using these tips. Like the fact that they are Dual Wall - 3" id, 4" od. I hope to have this project done this weekend and will forward a picture to you when I'm done. These will NOT just bolt up (at least not on my system) so I had to cut the outer edge and will also need to have the inside 3" id pipe expanded just a touch so that it can slip over the exhaust pipe.

5580IMG_6615.JPG

5580IMG_6622.JPG

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The best thing to do is take the car to an exhaust shop and pick out what you like. They will cut 'em to length and weld them on.

AndyR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rocket, please post pictures of finished exhaust for all to see. Thanks

OP
OP
JWVIPER

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score
RedEnuff,

I like the look of yours as well, not a lot of choices here in LI, I went to Pep Boys and Aid auto store neither had anything that resembles what you have, lot of Rice Coffee cans though. I also have the 3inch exhaust now. Do you remember where you got em. I would gladly pay you for your time if you could get em. Let me know.thanks jw

OP
OP
JWVIPER

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score
Go to Magnaflow's webpage. They have some nice looking tips.

thanks from there I found a retailer that has truck 3inch rolled tips that look like what I want.

REDENUFF check your PM for me and see if they make sense ?

thanks..jw

OP
OP
JWVIPER

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score
Rocket, looks like yours may work as well, let me know I will hold off my purchase until you finish and give us the thumbs up or down, please post pics back, thanks......jw

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go to Magnaflow's webpage. They have some nice looking tips.
thanks from there I found a retailer that has truck 3inch rolled tips that look like what I want.
REDENUFF check your PM for me and see if they make sense ?
thanks..jw

Yes, those are the same tips. I got mine at "Old Gold" (Chevy restoration shop), in Hershey, they just ordered them from some trucking catalog.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
JW,

I'm still working on the exhaust - and to be honest with you - the tips are taking a lot of time to get right. I don't know about your 95 Viper, but my "carry-over" 93 Viper had some funky spring mounts in the rear that I have to work around. I'm building a 3" system all the way, so I went with the 3" I.D, 4" O.D angle version. With a 4" O.D. - the fit is EXTREMELY tight and it's taking a lot of tweaking to try to get the fit right. Also, because there is limited room with the side exhaust, I had to do some significant cutting and fabricating with this tip to try to get it to fit. If you have a 2.5" system, the 2.5" I.D., 3.5" O.D tip probably would be much easier to align and fit - although it would still require some minor cutting.

These tips are actually on Ebay right now with a starting bid of $119 -
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7961215591&fromMakeTrack=true

The 3" rolled edge tips in my opinion would be a very easy install and look very nice, but I really liked the look of the double wall tips. I hope to have my exhaust finished this week and will start a new post with complete pics.

Good luck.

OP
OP
JWVIPER

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score
Rocket, I can see where it would be tight, I have the 3inch now and it is well a little of as you say. Do post when done, you have more patience than I do...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth