looking for tuner in MI?

RayC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have added borla exhaust (no crossover), 3.55 gear and K&N filter to my 2006 coupe. I have been very happy with the changes thus far but am looking for someone to dyno tune it and possibly add paxton & flywheel. Anyone have any recommendations or experiences to share with shops in MI. Also any tire recommendations for stock rims.

--------------------------
1997 GTS B/W
2004 SRT10 White Mamba
2006 SRT10 VCA coupe

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PM GTsnake, he's got someone he goes to in Metro Detroit

03gobluecobra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know Lidio at alternative auto (www.alternativeauto.com) has done vipers before. He is primarily a mustang guy, but is known to be one of the best in the country. I also don't think he adds any "viper tax" that some other shops might add. I would suggest calling him and asking what all he can do. In my experience this is the only shop in michigan I would take my cobra to, especially for a tune.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom had PBJ-Joe come in and tune the Roe, but he's got a mechanic with quite an extensive home shop locally who's been doing some things for him. Probably the same guy who rebuilt Tom's entire motor last winter..

03gobluecobra ..Donnie Walsh lives just a couple miles away from me. He's a savvy Mustang tuner with a dyno in Wixom and at least one 5.0 class victory with his 6sec Mustang. It was on the cover of Hot Rod back in 2003.

03gobluecobra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom had PBJ-Joe come in and tune the Roe, but he's got a mechanic with quite an extensive home shop locally who's been doing some things for him. Probably the same guy who rebuilt Tom's entire motor last winter..

03gobluecobra ..Donnie Walsh lives just a couple miles away from me. He's a savvy Mustang tuner with a dyno in Wixom and at least one 5.0 class victory with his 6sec Mustang. It was on the cover of Hot Rod back in 2003.

I've been out to Milan a couple times when Donnie Walsh was there in his Ford GT. Heck of a driver that's all I gotta say.

bloose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
03gobluecobra,

Lidio did most of the work on my 95 Cobra about 10 years ago and just last year we put in a new clutch, tranny, and shocks. I was going to take the Viper over to his shop and get a baseline dyno run on it before I start any N/A mods. The Cobra's no speed demon, but a huge step up from stock and I had limited funds back then. (As if my funds are unlimited now, haha). I'll have to speak with him about the Viper, I don't think he knows I bought it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc