Looking to purchase a Viper

Stevemak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope this is the right forum, if not please direct me to the correct one. As as possible future owner of my dream car. I'm looking for feedback. I am ready to see a 1995 RT/10 Emerald Green this Sunday. Only mode is exhaust. Need some guidance on the viper. I'm a car guy and know a lot about cars of over 40 years as many of you.

Have check forums and did as much research over the years. This one is at a great price and has 44k miles. But Vipers are little different. Would like some feed back on a 95 and views on mileage and minor damage report of car fax in the long run and other topics like head gasket leaks what and where to look on the motor never seeing a V10 up and other items Etc. Just general questions. I know a decent car when i see one have bought others wisely, but not a Viper
Thank you.

seniorstorekeeper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the right forum, I just like you have owned many different kinds of cars over the last 40 years, but my 1993 Viper is the first one I have ever owned so I did a lot of research before I bought one. If you get a Viper that has been taken care of and not raced or abused, they are pretty much bullet proof. As far as the head gasket goes, mine has 14k miles on it and the head gaskets have never been an issue. Only problem I have ever had is the cooling fans were not coming on which caused the engine to heat up when I got into traffic, this was because the car was not a regular driver and sat a lot, the motors on the cooling fans were stuck and not coming on, when I noticed it, I ran a long wooden handle down to the fan motors and tapped on them, which freed up the brushes that were stuck and they have worked ever since and have not been a problem. Not the most practical car but definitely the most fun to drive vehicle I have ever owned. They are real head turners and will definitely attract a crowd.

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 95 and its awesome, I feel 95 was the best year for gen1s they made a lot of improvements on the way they were assembled and with the soft top. My 95 is raced a lot and it has lots of bolt on mods and has been bullet proof. My 99 GTS sits in a temperature controlled garage and its been bullet proof:D

csmith5

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I own a 93 and my issue is with the top. I have a hard and soft tops but they always leak.

Mollin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got a 2006 VOI#69 Brand new tires ,under 1700 yes seventeen hundred miles pristine condition,White with blue stripes .lowered price to 65K.Contact me at 661 619 8686or text message
Thanks

Bill W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Gen ll Vipers are more civilized than Gen I Vipers. Still, I love the side exhausts and wish my '02 roadster had them. Do some research on both before you make a final decision. It's nice to have real side windows, a hard top, anti-lock brakes, tighter suspension, more power, etc. Later model Gen ll Vipers have the same body style, look as cool, and parts are more available...generally speaking. I'm not knocking the Gen I Viper. I came very close to buying a black '95 but went with an '02 for the reasons listed as well as other thoughts. Good luck with your purchase.

SILVERBACK05

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got a 2005 for sale with 24k... silver/black for $37k if anyone is interested just let me know...

I'm new to the forum and the classifieds tab isn't working... is there a link to directly post in a classified section??? Thanks!

Nate Gibson
Morrisville, NC

Last edited: