Looks like I'm SOL on getting a 2003 Viper

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like I\'m SOL on getting a 2003 Viper

For some reason the VIN of my 2001 was not accepted by the 2003vgx web site. I called the 877 number and after half an hour finally managed to get through and not have my call dropped. The person I spoke to confirmed that I don't have a valid VIN.

This is just great. Needless to say, after paying nearly $80K for my 2001 GTS (purchased on 31 October, delivered on 2 November), this is very disappointing.

Pemberton, I guess I need to get my deposit back!

death2.gif
death2.gif
death2.gif
death2.gif
death2.gif

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Re: Looks like I\'m SOL on getting a 2003 Viper

Mike,

Send me your VIN number. I'll get this straightened out.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Geez - it's only the first hour of day one (of 30). It'll get straightened out.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTS Dean:
Geez - it's only the first hour of day one (of 30).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, but think of all those hard-core owners that were literally waiting with their hands over the keyboard at 9:00:01 EST. My guess is that they will get more "orders" today by noon than they will for the next 29 days. Any bets?

Chris

OP
OP
V

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTS Dean:
Geez - it's only the first hour of day one (of 30). It'll get straightened out.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right, I wasn't even going to call today because of how messed up and congested I figured everything would be... until I heard the news this weekend that there are only a limited number of certificates, and hence there is some time urgency.

Joe, thanks for the offer to help. As it turns out, I called back, got the number of Fiona (the supervisor), and she just called back. She is holding a cert for me pending my faxing in my registration. I'm crossing my fingers hoping this all works out.

It'll be interesting when the dust settles to see how many certs end up being spoken for by 10 January (or perhaps by this afternoon).