Lowered car

rsmitchell10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm doing some power and accessory upgrades now and was thinking of lowering my 01 RT. Anyone with suggestions on what to get to take it down an inch or so? If I can find what I need I'm ready to purchase.:D

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What's the height on it right now? At 3 1/4 inches the stock height on my '99 is low enough as it is. I cannot imagine anyone wanting it any lower if they are planning on driving on public roads.

You must be registered for see images attach

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did the Jon B spring caps....

sirhc76

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just installed Eibachs on my 96 and it lowered the car right at 1 inch based on measurements from the inner fender well. Pictures here show several measurements. These were done prior to any driving and the car has actually settled a little more. I also adjusted the setting on the konis, full stiff front, 1 full turn off on the rear. The stock setting was 1/4 off soft all 4 corners. During previous driving even on a flat hwy with subtle bumps the rear bounced all over. Now the car is very firm and I actually have confidence during cornering. I've only put a few miles on it as I'm waiting to get an alignment. I will get a few full car shots today after a wash so that I can compare them with previous pics. Several pics in these albums, I didnt pull the bad ones. Only had my Canon 30d for a year and might learn how to use it some day :)

Pre pics here
sirhc76/Pre lowering - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Post pics here
sirhc76/Pre lowering/Post lowering - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

sirhc76

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Camera angle. I measured the center caps and all are actually about the same. My lens wouldnt allow for a full car shot in the garage. I'm about to wash the car now and will get some shots of the entire car.

Chris

OP
OP
R

rsmitchell10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the comments and pics. My goal is to take it down an inch or so to close the gap between the tires and fenderwell. I like the look of the Eibachs. Any recommendations on where to get them for the best price?

kevin96rt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Michael Nouri at XVipers is offering Eibachs+Caps for $399.00 XVIPERS INC
This is where I am ordering from tomorrow

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
jeff, where was that measurement taken ?

That's the middle of that little lower lip on the bottom front fascia. I think it's called an air diffuser or deflector. Can you see why I have to back into my curbed driveway at an angle in order to not scrape anything?

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PartsRack sell them as does XVipers. XVipers has a special Eibachs+Lowering Caps for $399 I believe.

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did anyone here do the springs and caps in their garage ie by themselves? I've had these springs and caps that I just got too busy for around the end of last year. They are on the top of my "to do" list now though... just wondering should I do it, or take it somewhere. :dunno:

:usa:

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A set of 19/20's are perfect for the GTS/RT10. With a drop of 1.25" The reason is the finder-gap. These cars have HUGE wheel wells.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did anyone here do the springs and caps in their garage ie by themselves? I've had these springs and caps that I just got too busy for around the end of last year. They are on the top of my "to do" list now though... just wondering should I do it, or take it somewhere. :dunno:

:usa:

It is relatively easy to get the springs and shocks off the car. I did mine myself on my 95 and it was easy enough to get the springs and shocks off the car.
After that you will more than likely have to take the springs and shocks to a shop with a spring press to get the stock springs off the shocks. Or at least that is what I did. I know some people will rent or borrow a spring compressor to do it themselves. The problem is some of the do it yourself spring compressors are dangerous and don't fit in between the Viper coils. Also, you will have to get an alignment after all is said and done.

My total labor cost was $20 to my mechanic to press the stock shocks off and the new eibachs on.

I am getting ready to do it to the GTS as soon as I get some springs.

Ed

kevin96rt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats. Are you doing the springs and lowering caps? Post pics when you're done.

Yes springs and caps along with new CCW's/new skins.Will post pics.
It is snowoarding season and I'm in the middle of installing a new stereo with footwell sub so it may be awhile.:headbang:

D

DAMN YANKEE

That would be George the Dog.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery