Lowering springs 94 RT/10

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anybody lowered there car keeping stock shocks ..
Does the car bottom out?
Dose the car become undrivable?
What is the best spring set to use ,I did lower my 92 camaro with eibach they were a good spring .
Any thoughts.

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good question. I'm interested in the answer as well
smile.gif

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a quick search came up with this Other searches seem to show the Eibach as the most popular, about $350 from Partsrack

OP
OP
V

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hows that battleship neil,
Got my mopar spoiler today very nice but hollow getting painted in two weeks.not looking forward to drilling the six holes though....

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Battleship's fine. 1" drop with new springs should close your nasty gap a bit above the wheel and improve things a tad in the handling department. I didn't like the big gap above on the RT

OP
OP
V

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will the new ride hight be ok or will it bottom out on dipping roads..
Speed bumps ill just take really slow.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
on a GEN 1 car you are looking at eibach (springs), these are the only springs that i know of. These will work fine with the stock shock setup.

Burt G

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HEMIDAYTNA:
on a GEN 1 car you are looking at eibach (springs), these are the only springs that i know of. These will work fine with the stock shock setup.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I installed Eibach springs on my Gen-1 w/the stock koni shocks
(PT#2831-140 pro kit) I trimmed the bump stops aprox 1/2-3/4"
to maximize limited suspension travel w/lowered springs. I
havent experienced any troubles or regrets even while running
aftermarket 18" Kinesis wheels.
Burt

OP
OP
V

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BURT
That is an awesome looking viper wheels color and set up works really well, You have never bottomed out on that set up did you adjust shocks softer or left them to stock setting?
Thanks

Burt G

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VIPER3908:
BURT
That is an awesome looking viper wheels color and set up works really well, You have never bottomed out on that set up did you adjust shocks softer or left them to stock setting?
Thanks

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
In my opinion, By trimming the control arm bump stops this has
permitted just enough added suspension travel to minimize bottoming out. Granted, I am aware of a few instances of my own stupidity. Driving too aggressivly on some heavily uneven canyon roads I noted bottoming but its very seldom. When I installed the Eibach springs I didnt alter the shocks. My car
handles as well as to be expected for a Gen-1. (semi-rough)
Thanks for the complement!
Burt G.

pjb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burt-&gt; your car looks GREAT! i run 18" kinesis too, and have been contemplating a drop (i think i will now after seeing your car). one ?, after alignment have you experienced any additional tire wear? btw, the silver stripes look great as well. i had to look twice as i thought it was a GTS
smile.gif
thanks..

Backdoc7

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Eibach springs and 18 inch BBS's on my car.. i have the stock shocks too. i never bottom out.. that's not to say i don't scrap a little on steep driveways.. handling is pretty **** good if you ask me.. add the mopar spoiler and front canards and it's all good.
usa-clear-s.gif

OP
OP
V

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eibach it is then...
Backdoc7
Where did you get the front canards from as i have just got mopar spoiler (not fitted yet not looking forward to drilling boot lid) do they make a differance.
Viper looks sweet ride hight looks so much better .
Already fitted chin guard so should'nt scrape nose..

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by elem55:
I thought you did not have to drill with the mopar spoiler?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You do have to drill through the trunk deck lid for the Mopar spoiler...AutoForm spoiler does not require drilling through the deck lid...I'm rolling on Eibach's as well, stock shocks, I like it!

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How does these springs (PT#2831-140 pro kit) work on a 1993 RT 10? The info I got from various web pages was that they are OK for 1994 and up...

Do I have to get the car aligned after the spring change?

Thanks in advance, Lauri

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RedEnuf93:
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

YES! Four wheel alignment...just call Parts Rack for the exact Eibach's you need.

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RedEnuf93:

How does these springs (PT#2831-140 pro kit) work on a 1993 RT 10? The info I got from various web pages was that they are OK for 1994 and up...

Thanks in advance, Lauri

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Lauri!!

Thinking about getting the ole RT slammed? I've been thinking the same for the GTS!! Hope all is well. Guess you can't drive the Viper until next year now due to the weather!!?
laugh.gif

OP
OP
V

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just orderd Eibach (PT#2831-140 pro kit) So should be here in a week or so can't wait...........

Devin 97 Blue GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got the springs and rotors put in yesterday (Got the spring from Summit Part # for thr GTS is EIB 2830-140 RT10 /2831-140

I'm not sure but I paid 239.00 for the set of springs

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bigr1:
where can we get the PT#2831-140 pro kit from? will it fit on my 94?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes...it will fit!

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Eibach lowering springs on mine with stock shocks, and I swear it dropped considerbly more than an inch. Next to mine, most RT's look like 4x4!
smile.gif
I also have the Mopar spoiler (yes, you have to drill holes). Spoiler, Canards, and springs can be purchased from PartsRack. I bought the springs a long time ago (before Jon carried them) from Tire Rack. Now that it's lowered, the car "noses out" on the front spoiler more than it used to, and some driveways are interesting to negotiate. I also avoid speedbumps whenever possible. Raising the front 1/4-1/2" would not hurt my feelings. The chin guard will NOT stop you from scraping the front spoiler - in fact, it makes the initial point of contact closer to the ground since it is about 1/8"-3/16" thick. Can also dig in to the front spoiler if you hit it pretty good.

OP
OP
V

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the bottom of chin guard i stuck on some stick on felt so it will slide rather than dig in the nose ..

Nasty 10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just installed Eibachs yesterday. I left the stock shocks in. The car rides the same but handles better. I'm might get the caps for the front to lower it just a little more
wink.gif

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasty 10,
How much did these springs lower your Viper?
I got a set for my R/t 10 and I am wondering how much these springs REALLY lower the car.

Another question, after the spring change, can I use the regular Dodge dealer to set alignment or is that a bad idea?
Thanks, Lauri

Nasty 10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Lauri
They are worth it. It didn't slam the car, but you can tell it's lowered, especially next to a stock one. I recommend you find a performance shop to do the alignment. Maybe someone on here knows of one in your area. If not look in the phone book.
good luck
Perry