Maine Help

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a couple of locums (spending a year practicing traveling medicine ) opportunities in Bangor and Lewiston Maine.......what do you guy know about these places and which one is better to go work for three months during the summer ? Thanks

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't say I've lived in Bangor, but I have lived in Lewiston. Their pretty close to equal, although I would give the tip to Bangor. Bigger city and close to Bar Harbor for a weekend get away. Bangor is more north than you think, where as Lewiston is a reasonable distance to Portland. Portland has the old port and lots of stores. Bangor has Stephen King, when he's not in his summer home on the lake. I guess it all depends on what interest you. If you are going to have your car with you and you want to cruise with the local New England club, then go with Lewiston.

NSviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know about Lewiston, but with Bangor, you could cruise with the New England club. They are a great bunch and are very active.You would also be only a couple of hours from Canada and the Maritimes. With so many scenic drives you would not be able to fit them all in. Whichever you choose, if you are able to take some time for yourself, you will enjoy the north east in the summer.

OP
OP
doctorbob

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am bringing the ACR. Two responses and two different opinions. Need more help. Bob

OP
OP
doctorbob

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Next, I need to know what the weather is like in early May. Cross country viper weather or not?

OP
OP
doctorbob

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Coming in the July 1 and leaving end of October.......to Bangor.....hope I will not have to use the ACR as a snowplow.

NSviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you feel like venturing across the border, into Nova Scotia, and need a tour guide, let me know.

Cheers Shaun.

SNKBYT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Doctorbob: When you get settleled in, please contact the NE viperclub president or any of its members. You will find a great bunch of guys. We

SNKBYT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dr. bob. Sorry for the incomplete post, my cat jumped up,on my keyboard! You will be more than welcome to join our activities. If you are into some track days, let me know, luv to have some more company in track events. We have a great auto-x track and some great road racing tracks in NH/NY/NJ to great play on, as well as some great instuctors. i'm still learning how to track my ACR. We also have a full schedule of summer events planned! Hope to meet you!